Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

New week, new season!

luvstocraft
12 years ago

Today is Easter Sunday and I couldn't let this special day go by without telling all of you how much I enjoy coming here and hearing about what's going on in your lives. The creations you make and all the things you do for other's show your love and personality, I feel honored to be one of your cyber friends. ;o)

Luvs

Comments (10)

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

Thank You Luvs....but you need to look in a mirror more often for you will see that special person we all see!

Everyone here is special and I sincerely appreciate all of you and need to say so more often.

Today is not only Easter but my DH's 69th birthday. His birthday wish was to have a quiet dinner her at home with only the two of us, his theory was it will be a much bigger event next year and he will take quiet while he can still get it.

We removed the old Wisteria arbor yesterday and was hoping to put up the new one today but Mother Nature is reminding us that she isn't done with winter yet. It has been in the upper 20's or low 30's during the nights but with sunshine during the days for almost a week, but no more.

Gosh! It is really hard to get back into "I have to paint everyday and all day long" mode. I have 4 projects done and started on the 5th. I am painting only 1 or 2 of each item, don't want loads of the same thing left over for me to store. I will pry to post pix today or tomorrow.

Well, I had better get to it....as they used to say "Daylight is burning!" Hope everyone has a very special day today and in all to come!

Belle

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Twitter Layouts

Wow, it looks like it's actually going to let me post today. Been trying to get back here several times and wouldn't let me post. Hope you all have a very wonderful Easter Sunday. We had our family fun day yesterday so quiet day for us. Thank you all for being here and being you. Great forum and great bunch of ladies! ~Anj

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

As we start a new week, with special meaning for all Americans....go Navy Seals....I know that we are not supposed to be happy at the death of anyone, but I not sorry about the death of such a monster!

I finished another project yesterday, a very quick candy corn and pumpkin swag. Will post pictures when I string them and add the cloth, they take up to much room when they are complete, so that will come later.

Worked all afternoon in the yard and got my strawberry plants cleaned out from around the pond and removed a ton of old plants. They are beginning to bloom so maybe spring is here. I really wanted to plant a garden this year, the cost of veggies are so high, but by the time I pay someone to till the ground, add all of the things my clay ground lacks and then buy the plants or seeds and then pay someone to weed and all of the other things that it takes to grow a garden...well the cost is right back up there with the stores. I planted carrots back in the day and the ground is so hard that they were about 3" round and 1" long....

Well, it's time to start painting again, doing a pumpkins with daisy's on the front, or at least I am trying to paint daisy's.

Take Care All!!!!!

Belle

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Morning everyone! Hope this posts. Having a very hard time getting my posts up lately. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm having my surgery on Wednesday. Hope you will all send some prayers up for me. I'm getting pretty nervous now that it's getting closer.
    We got our yard work all done while the kids were out on spring break, but it snowed several days last week so we haven't worked on the garden area yet or started planting any flowers. I've started a new Americana project that I hope to finish up soon to post.
    I have to run to Wallyworld here in a sec, but thought I'd drop in before I left. Y'all have a good week and I'll try to get back here later on if I'm not too drugged up. ha I think I will be in hospital for 2-3 days. Y'all be good while I'm gone! I hope to see some new projects when I get back!! =D ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Belle, I totally agree! Can't believe it took 10 years to get him, but I'm so glad our military were allowed to continue the search.

I'm loving seeing your projects for the craft fair. What a great variety you are doing. I'm still chuckling over that witch you painted--she turned out so great!

Anj, I'm glad they are keeping you in the hospital for a few days. Will keep you from overdoing it hopefully. Just lay there and read some painting mags and let someone else do the "cookin and cleanin" while you rest and recuperate. In another month or so, you will be so glad you had this done! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us hear from you as soon as you can, okay?

Luvs

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

Anj...hope this isn't to late....maga prayers coming your way! And as Luvs said, you will be so glad when this is all over and just a memory! And listent to you DR!!!!!!!

I actually think spring has arrive, we still have rain along with wind and hail, but sprinkled in the mix is SUNSHINE. How good it makes me feel, the warmth on my face and the little bit of sunsurn on my ears.....wonderful! It is still to wet to plant flowers, but I do have some sweet peas and nasturtiums seed planted, hope they don't rot. The fish are spawning and we have little fishies from an earlier warm period, when the fish figured it was spring and it wasn't. Anyway, it is a great time for me.

Better get back to the painting, am doing a really fat turkey.

Belle

• anjabee
    12 years ago

I have to go in tomorrow at 7:30am. I will be ready for the rest after all the work I've been doing to get ready! House is spic and span and all the laundry done (I know...miracles do happen), everything got put into the attic, and even the dog got a bath! lol Now all I have to do is give myself a pedicure, change the sheets on my bed so they'll be nice and fresh when I get home and hopefully get a good nights rest!! Hubby taking me out to dinner so I don't have to cook. I'm pooped!
    I finally got photobucket to work so the rest of the soaps that I painted are at the bottom of my original "painted soaps" post in the gallery if you want to go check them out. I only sold a few because of the weather (no customers) but at least I have a good supply of gifts! ha Anyway, gonna go work on my toes and hope you all have a good rest of the week. Thank you for all the well wishes and I will let you know something as soon as I am able!! ~Anj Heading over to find Belle's projects. =)

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

Was hoping to hear from Anj about now, hope she is doing well!

Happy Mother Day to All! My DD is hosting the Sisters Luncheon this month in honor of MD, should be a real treat, she is a super cook and like to try new recipes, wish her mother was a inspired, did I ever mention I don't like to cook.

Our weather is still coming down in the liquid form, someday I might have to worry about putting on sunscreen, but no yet.

DH and DGS are moving my old cast iron bath tubs to the side of the house and we are planning flowers and veggies in them, like I can get them to grow, anyway, they found a bunch of fat old worms and proceeded to feed our fish. You would have thought that the fish hadn't eaten all winter they gobbled them down so fast...wait...they haven't eaten all winter. Our puppy can't figure out how he can get in there to catch them, the fish. We really have to watch him or he would be right in the pond.

Better get back to my Turkey..... hate base painting!

You all take care!

Belle

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Hey y'all! I'm back home. Everything went well and I'm feeling tired, but better. Gonna be 6-8 weeks of recovery, which will be hard for me not to do anything for a few weeks, but gonna try to enjoy it. I'm pretty drugged up on and off so I just got up to walk for a few minutes to keep the blood clots away and now it's time to go back to bed. Just wanted y'all to know things were going good. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes! Truly appreciated! Talk to you soon! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So glad it all went well, Anj, and glad you have every intention of following "doctor's orders". You deserve a some rest time anyway, and it sure will help you heal and be back to normal faster. ;o)

Belle, I can just picture your little dog circling your pond trying to figure out how he can catch one of your fish! LOL Hope you are putting some "cascading" type flowers in your old bathtubs, that will be so pretty.

Luvs

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz