Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

April 2013

anjabee
10 years ago

Morning! Just stopped in for a second. I have been sooo busy!! I have several projects going at once and I was asked to volunteer to paint props and scenery for a production of The Music Man! Never painted on such a large scale before! It's forcing me to use bigger brushes. I am really enjoying it. I'll try to take some pics of what I'm working on. Doing that at night for the next couple of weeks. So sorry I haven't had a minute to take pics of my finished projects. Haven't even had time to spray a finish coat on them since we've had some rainy days. I'll try to get some taken this weekend. Baby just got here so I'm off again. Sorry to see none of you have gotten to check in lately. Hope you are all doing well! See ya soon! ~Anj

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

Just being lazy about checking in, Anj, no good excuse except the games keep calling to me! LOL

Got some books sorted and then tackled the linen closets and got rid of old blankets, king size sheets, etc. Looks so nice and neat--for the moment anyway.

Had to buy a new cabinet for my laundry room sink, so I saved the doors from the old one. Have a couple ideas of what to paint on them for some holiday fun. Just need to get in gear and get started.

I've always thought doing props would be a fun thing, can't wait to see what you create. Have fun doing it, although I don't know how you find the time--or have the energy considering how busy you always are! ;o)

Hugs, Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I took these with my phone. There are two of these large panels way taller than me. I only come up to the second shelf and the whole thing did not fit in the picture. I hadn't finished with it when I took the pic as you can see on the top shelf. I had to turn them upside down to do the top shelf and the top of the bookcase. ha I finished them up on Saturday except for putting some titles on some of the books. They were really happy with the way they turned out and guess what?? I used big brushes!! lol First time for everything! lol ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

Wonderful Anj, they look so real. I see the highlights and lines and everything. Great job! Luvs

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Wow! That is quite a project. What type paint? Hubby once made manger & background for Christmas program for neighbor's church, didn't get to see them after they were painted but they said they were able to use them for yrs as he made them with plywood & good reinforcing. My experience with stuff like that was tempera paints on craft paper for a prom in HS. What you are doing takes a lot of energy & planning & skill so it all comes out to scale! way to go, looks terrific! Would be cute on wall of kids room, 1 bookcase on each end of wall with bed in center!! And real bookcase of course for your little one to become a bookworm ! My grandkids often want gift cards to get more books. They are 16 &13 & older 1 was just in Beauty & the Beast. She loves Summer Theater program at college every summer & just went back to N.Y. city for her birthday to see Broadway play& sight- see since she had been talking about it for a year. (Went with whole family) So all the time DD spent with her when she was tiny really has made her quite a young lady! You'll probably be handing that little 1 of yours a brush by time she is 2. Kids learn early these days.

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design