Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Surprise on the gallery!

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Hi Anj, I actually finished up an easy little project and posted it on the gallery. I tried to take pics last night, but kept getting too much glare. Worked out fine doing it outside in the sunlight today.

Now I'm in the mood to paint, I'd better hurry up and find my next pattern idea and get to it. I really enjoyed just sitting in there painting away once I had the basecoat all ready.

Next I'm going to try to paint santas on some spoons I picked up at the TS. Saw some really cute ones on a blog, so thought I'd try to do a few.

I wanted to tell you that I know what you mean about some of the older painting books being too cutesy. I like allot of the cute things, but some of those are too much even for me!

I'm starting to see allot of the painted wood shapes that we used to do in the TS now. Guess they are "outdated" now and no longer popular. I know I've given away lots of mine too. Only kept the ones I liked the best. There were quite a few bunny ones where I stopped the other day, but none that really appealed to me. Some of them I recognized from my craft and painting magazines. LOL

I'll talk to you later. Have a good one.

Luvs

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Let's move this down out of the way.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

That's weird. I didn't really notice this until you moved it. I can see it's from a couple of weeks ago. I remember reading it a while ago and thought I responded to it, but maybe I went to the gallery to see your project and posted there. I must be losing it. ha Always in too much of a rush when I'm here I guess.

I look forward to seeing your spoons if you get them done. Do you think you will or are you going to move on to spring?

My TS always has wood cutouts. A lot of them have ProvoCraft stickers on them so I think the stores donate their older stock and get a tax write-off or something. Wish they'd donate the books too. ha Sometimes I can figure them out and sometimes I have no clue what they are supposed to be. ha The bunny one that I was working on yesterday had a card in it that said Miller Woodcrafts from the book "Spring into Summer". Would have been helpful if I had that book and I couldn't find it online either. Hopefully it will look cute enough from my design.

Anyway, sorry that I somehow missed posting to this. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How funny, Anj. I knew you had seen the project, so I just wanted to get this message moved on down the page.

You know what? Miller Woodcrafts used to be just a couple miles from where I live! They used to always have a booth at the craft shows in Ontario and a couple of the gals who worked there created books. I think they are now out of business, or else they have moved elsewhere. You did a good job on your bunny project.

Yes, I still plan to do the spoons. I have them primed, but I'm thinking I will get the handles bent before I finish painting them since PF told me sometimes the paint chips when you bend them.

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Luvs...Miller Woodcrafts still has an online store. I have them on my favorites cause they still have books there and I've used them to look at for little projects to give me ideas. The book I needed for the bunny project was sold out though as are most of their book now. :(
    I've heard some spoons are kinda hard to get bent. Good luck with your project. It's kinda hard to paint sometimes when it's not the season.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gosh, Anj, hard to bend is an understatment! I actually had to go put it in the vice that is mounted on our workbench to bend it. I bent two of them and decided I will try drilling a small hole in the handle and not bending a couple. Haven't done that yet. There may be some special technique for bending them, but I don't know it. Silly me, I thought I could just put a dowel on it and bend it with my hands! NOT!

I really think I will like painting the tablespoons better than the teaspoons, but I do have both. I saw a really cute painted one on the computer some where and decided I should try to do one too. Let's hope the painting goes better than the bending. LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!