Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

More Glass Block info

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Hi Anj, I just read this over on the Crafts forum and wanted to be sure you saw it too. I knew I had seen a lightweight acrylic block before but never knew where you could find them. Will have to look to see if they are available online and what the price and shipping would be. Nice if they are already drilled, that's the part that scares me. But your DH did pretty good with the drilling, didn't he? Anyway, here's the comment. TTYL. Luvs

* Posted by louannmarie (My Page) on

Sat, Feb 2, 08 at 21:14

You can buy already drilled glass blocks at Hobby Lobby craft stores, they also carry acrylic block that comes apart so it can be filled easier and it also has the hole in it for the lights. Try this website for ideas:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf37245405.tip.html

There are different tips and pictures.

Comment (1)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Yay! I have a Hobby Lobby store now so I'll have to check it out. I wouldn't mind having one for every holiday.

How are you doing?? I feel bad that I've been MIA around here. Just so much going on.
    I was gone all day yesterday. Got up early and did my grocery shopping for the superbowl party we do every year. Then DH and I had to make a run to Costco for a few more things. Took the kids out to Godfathers Pizza Buffet, then bowling for a few hours for DS's b-day. Came home and he opened presents and we had cake and ice cream. I slept so badly last night that I overslept this morning and we are not going to make it to church. We have all my family and a few friends coming over for the Superbowl party later. So have a lot of prep to do for that. Busy Busy Busy.
    The next few weeks I'll be caught up in Science Fair stuff. You know how crazy I get with that on top of all the other homework and things these kids have to do. ha Hopefully we can pick some simple ones that don't involve too much overtime.
    It's blizzarding here again today. Can it be spring yet? I seriously may not come back from Hawaii. ha I'll just have my parents ship my kids out to me and I'll build myself a little beach hut out of palm leaves and eat sand....I don't care as long as I'm warm for a change!!! ha

Anyway, I miss participating here more. So many projects staring at me wanting to be done. Here are a few things I have lined up.....a washboard, a shelf, bricks, glass block light, 3 baskets, a lighthouse (for my mom),a rocking horse (for my SIL), a sailboat (for my DB), some stacking cans, an Americana sign and a tray. There's more, but that's what I've got pulled out for right now. I may have to put a few things away to work on later so I don't have so many out. I have a kit that I found at the TS of Raggety Ann and Andy that I wanted to do for Valentines too, but when will I get to it??? What have you got lined up to work on? Anything fun?
    Guess I'll go get breakfast out of the way so I can start on Superbowl snackage. Have a good one. ~Anj

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz