Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Almost have a project painted

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Hi Anj, I just quit painting--spent a couple hours today working on my latest project. Just a little more shading and details and it will be done. I'm still doing some of the Christmas things I had wanted to do--this one is a cute nativity on a metal tray I found at the TS.

I'll try to finish it up and post pics maybe tomorrow. It's been raining here today, so not sure when I can spray the sealer on it. And I can't decide if I want to put the gloss on it or not. I hate making those decisions! LOL

So how has your day been? Have you started packing your suitcase yet? It's getting close now! ;o)

I pulled out my St. Pat's decos today and started putting them up. Had planned to wait until at least the first of March, but I found this cute little leprechaun guy so he inspired me to get them up. I'll post the pics on holidays either tonight or in the morning, so keep an eye out for them.

Better go now, need to stir up a meatloaf and get it in the oven. TTYL.

Luvs

Comments (5)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Your project sounds so cute. Can't wait to see it. We stayed up super late last night so overslept this morning and didn't make it to church. I am so tired. I should try to paint today if I can keep my eyes open since it will be a while before I'll be able to again.

I don't have any St Patty's day decorations. Hmmm. Need to find some patterns to paint some. ha I'll get over to Holidays and see if you've posted yet.

I've been wanting to make meatloaf the past 3 nights and the kids talked me into other things. Sounds good. I love it leftover the next day on sandwiches. mmmm.

Guess I'll try to set up my painting table and see what I can get done today. :) ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Ok missy...I went and checked out your holiday table. So very cute, but where did those leprechauns come from? Did you paint those and if so, have I ever seen them before cause I don't remember seeing them! Awesome job if you did paint them. I love them. Love that little candle holder guy too. Everything looks wonderful. I bet little GD is loving it. Maybe next time you are at the $1 store you can pick her up a bag of chocolate gold coins. Ours always have them anyway and my kids love them. Just wanted to let you know how cute everything looks and so springy too. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Anj. I thought I'd have my tray all done, but other stuff got in the way unfortunately. It's sitting in there calling to me 'cause I only need to do a little bit more to it! LOL Maybe tonight or in the morning--although I think DH has plans for us in the morning.

I enjoyed doing the tables. Did you get my "sense of humor" about the "Irish Stew" on my kitchen table????? I know I had a plastic leprechaun hat last year, but sure can't find it now. Yes, I did paint the two leprechauns many years ago--I actually think I was a better painter then because I did allot more of it. Not sure if I had them out last year or not--can't remember. I loved that little candle holder leprechaun, just made me smile. You can tell I don't take the tablesetting too seriously, just do it for the fun of it. ;o)

I don't have permission to give candy to little GD. Can only give things like gummies or yogos. Can't even bake cookies and decorate them. Only sweets she gets are from her parents. They both had weight issues for a long time, and don't want her to have that problem. I imagine it will just make her want sweets more, but not my call.

Bet you are looking forward to Spring too, aren't you? I love seeing all the new flowers and leaves coming out. I have some Iris and lilies blooming already. Been doing allot of yard work too, but still more to do.

Hey, you go on your trip the end of the week, huh? Almost here--know you are excited! ;o)

TTYL Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

What fun is that if you don't get to spoil GD with a little candy every now and then?? My kids only get junk food from their g-ma. ha I try not to keep too much of it around.

Yeah, I loved the fun atmosphere your table inspires. You can't help but smile.
    I can't believe you have flowers already. It's rainy/snowy here today, but supposed to warm up to the 50's by the time I leave on Saturday! Saturday! Still so much to do and I'm running out of time. I'll be out finishing up last minute things the rest of the week, but I'll try to stop in when I can.
    Have a great Monday! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good morning. Well, that project is finally done and posted on the gallery. I sort of like having a project going so I can walk in and paint a bit as time permits. Need to start the next one--at least if the wood is cutout and ready to go, I might get something done. Seems like the first step is where I tend to procrastinate! LOL

I bought a wood mirror/shelf thing at TS yesterday for $3.00. It is a dark wood and I want to paint it a light color and do some roses on it. Have no idea where I can use it, but just thought it would give it new life if it were painted. I will try to remember to do a before/after pic of it.

Anj, in case I don't chat with you before you leave, have a great time and be sure to get on here and tell me all about it as soon as you can when you get back. You will be missed.

Luvs

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor