Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightlilly

Lighting troubles...

nightlilly
17 years ago

I've been using an old swag lamp that must be atleast 25 years old, I remember it hanging in my grandmothers house when I was a kid. I hung it over my painting table at the end of the room cuz like most rooms the ceiling light is in the center. I didn't want anything to sit on my table or on the floor next to it cuz I have a tendancy to knock things over...lol

Anyway, I went to pull the chain last night (does that say how old the lamp is???) and the light flickered and died. I checked the light bulb, the plug...light bulb works, lamps plugged in. I'm going crazy! I'm going to walmart today then maybe home depot. I checked online last night for swag lamps and the prices were $50 and up! If I have to buy a desk lamp and hang it from the ceiling then dang it that's what I'm gonna do....wish me luck...lol

Nightlilly

Comments (2)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Nightlilly--you might try a TS, they usually have quite a few lamps. Also Lowe's or Home Depot. I know you can get the "workshop" type swag lights pretty reasonable. I had a swivel arm floor lamp that I used because like you the room only had a center light and I needed something close up. I took it to our motorhome and left it because it worked so good there--now I need to find a replacement for my painting area and have been trying to figure out what I want to put in there since my room is so small. I have cabinets over my painting area--have been thinking about one of those under cabinet lights--anyone know if they would be a good work light? Luvs

• nightlilly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I went to Walmart today to pick up some stuff and I stopped by the section where they have the lamps and things. I didn't think they'd have much and I was right but they did have a hanging lamp, it wasn't EXACTLY what I wanted but it was $13...lol...it looks like something a teenage girl would have hanging in her room but I wasn't gonna be picky. Last night I was willing to hang a desk lamp from the ceiling.

Luvs, is there anywhere you could put one of those "clip-on" lights. I have one in my garage, it's clipped onto a shelf over my scroll saw. It takes regular light bulbs and it's good for the days when I don't want to open the garage door. The lighting in my garage is pretty bad too.

Nightlilly

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996