Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Fresh new Monday

luvstocraft
14 years ago

It's such a beautiful morning here today, blue skies, still some white on the mountains and lots of nice sunshine. I think I will get out and trim a few things in the yard and just enjoy the weather for a bit.

I have a little project basecoated. Maybe I'll get in there and work on it today too. I'd like to get it done and move on to the next thing.

So what do all of you have planned for today?

Luvs

Comments (13)

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

It is 2 am on Tuesday morning and I got a few things done yesterday. I finished two projects, I moved my antique desk into the bedroom for my computer, and I did a load of laundry. It is a bit chilly here but I know in 6 weeks winter will be gone and the weather is going to be so nice - I can hardly wait.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

The rain has returned here. The TV news just released that our average temp for the month of Jan,. was 47 degrees, totally unbelievable. We also have over twice the amount of rain fall as well. All of the spring plants are showing and there is still frost to come.

PF....what are you doing up at 2 am? I used to do that, now when it happens I drag all the next day...well more than normal.

We have to make another trip to town so that kind of kills the day as far as painting goes. But there is always tomorrow!

Gotta shower and get moving....take care!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bebe, what in the world were you doing up at 2am? Are you one of those people who sometimes have a hard time sleeping?

Wow! You got allot done. I saw your projects and they are both just gorgeous. That was a good sized class too, I'm sure you had a good time visiting with everyone and Roz.

You just reminded me that I have a load of clothes in the dryer that I forgot to get hung up yesterday. I'd better go fluff them up and get them out of there. I hate it when I forget them like that because I sure don't like to iron!

I filled two trashcans with rose trimmings and the leaves and grass I pulled out of the flower beds. Still have a few more to get cut back on the side of the house and always have vines on the wall needing trimming. We are still a bit chilly here too, the days are nice but pretty cool in the evenings.

Well, Anj, did you get to paint yesterday? I'm checking each day for your next project. ;o) I worked on mine and just have a bit more to do, hopefully will get it finished today.

Punk, are you having a good time with your company? That was so neat that you whipped up one of those candy sundaes and shared it on Holidays. You sure don't let any grass grow under your feet! LOL (That's a Midwest way of saying you are so fast!)

Belle, let us hear from you. How did the tests go? Did they figure out what's causing the pains? Sure hope you are feeling better.

I'll be back this evening. Hope you all enjoy your day. Bebe, you might want to take a nap!

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey, still working on my project a little here and there. Have a lot of shading to do on this one to give it definition and I'm slow on this part. I'll try to have it done by the end of the week. =)
    I have 2 sick kids and Science Fair projects going on this week and next. Kinda busy, but I'll stop in when I can. C-ya soon. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh good, I see that Belle must have been posting at the same time I was. Belle let us know how you are doing, okay? I saw on the weather where more rains are heading for you and for my area too.

My roses have been trimmed and the ones in the front planter have new growth already. I'm sure hoping we don't end up with a freeze this year--most of my plants that froze a couple years ago are all grown out and looking good again. Sure would be a shame for your Spring bloomers to get a freeze. Sure different weather patterns for the past couple of years, huh?

Anj, sorry to hear two of the kids are sick. Does that mean it will probably get you too? DIL was sick over the weekend, then my throat started getting scratchy, but I pulled out the Vicks and cough drops and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse so far. Good luck on the Science Fair projects--more than one this year huh?

Saw Mel Gibson's new movie "Into the Darkness" yesterday and it was good and very well done. Quite a bit of violence, but to be expected based on the plot.

My goal is to finish my project today--hope I don't get sidetracked. ;o(

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Just finished my project!! Wooohoo! ha Pic coming soon to a gallery near you! ha ~Anj

• anjabee
    14 years ago

OK, pics posted. Luvs~ I sure hope the sickness ends with those two. There is a big sign on the school door that says if your kids are coughing, have fever and sore throat they are probably infected with a very contagious flu virus. Keep them home! ha I guess that's what we got. Yes, I have 2 science fair projects to help with this year. Trying to keep them simple, but there is still a lot to do.
    Sorry to cut this short, but I gotta get supper in the oven. Been making a lot of bread this week. Ever tried Beer Bread? It is the simplest bread you'll ever make. You won't even have to let it rise. Here is the recipe if you want to try it. We love it. You'll get a slightly different flavor depending on what kind of beer you use. I'm going to try a dark beer next. It subs for the yeast.
    Beer Bread
    3 cups self-rising flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    12 oz warm beer of choice
    butter
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    Butter a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and beer. Mix well. It will be slightly sticky. Pour into loaf pan and bake 55 minutes. About 3 minutes remaining, remove bread and brush with butter. Return to oven.
    (All ovens are different so just watch it. Mine doesn't need to cook quite that long) Hope ya like it. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fresh bread sounds yummy Anj. Gosh, I hadn't thought about beer bread in years. You are right, it is quick, easy and very tasty. I think I had gotten the recipe at a Tupperware party many years ago.

What's with all these new virus strains? The old fashioned flu was bad enough. Doesn't it usually last at least a week? Does the teacher give them makeup work when they return to school?

Did I tell you that my little GD has started karate classes? She just started last Friday and thinks she is learning "super hero" moves! ;o)

DH and I are going to drive over towards Knott's Berry Farm for the Sugar Plum craft show. It's at a big mall there. I should see lots of ideas for Spring this time. Sure too bad they won't let us take pictures so I could share. I don't usually buy too much--prices can be a bit high--but I love the atmosphere and seeing what's popular now.

Okay, gotta go get cleaned up. I'll check back later.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Good Morning!

Knott's Berry Farm, that sure bring back memories. I as there in 1959 and like it more than Disneyland which was less than two year old. I'm sure it has really changed over the years. AS to the pictures, do you have a cell phone that takes pictures...you just might have to become a spy..hehehe

How old is you GD Luvs...I love watching small children trying to be so adult. Remember Art Linkletter and his "Children say the funniest things"

Bebe...sleeping any better? Sure hope so! How is your GS doing? Better I hope!!!!! My GS is taking a college course this semester and likes it so much better than high school. He said the kids are, on the whole, more serious about learning. He is now leaning towards law enforcement as a career, which is hard to smile at after our recent cop shootings.

Anj....hope the kids are better and that no one else catches the bug. I love your "grungy," it is a nice Easter or anytime decoration. Girl....when do you find time to bake bread? Haven't done that for years except for french bread, which is so easy. Was going to get a bread making machine but then looked in a mirror and said...no way! I love bread!

Punk....where are you or did my fuddled brain just miss your post? Hope everything is well with you and that the weather is better.

Well...we are over all of the test for heart problems and Yahoo! nothing wrong there. Both arms and hands look like someone was trying to mix purples and black, and why don't they listen when you say you are allergic to tape? And I can tell you where everyone of those little round press on thingy were. But not having heart problems is well worth it, now if they can just find the root of my problem. DH says I glow in the dark... funny man. If I seem silly or things don't come out on the page right....chalk it up to pain meds and a foggy brain, and I don't like pills of any kind!

Off to take another nap...ya' all take care!

Belle
    PS.....Luvs....working outside! sounds like you have thing well in hand. Envy dripping here! I would have to have an umbrella here.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Back again! Just have to give you all a quick run down of what I saw at the craft show. Lots of hearts on wood stakes either just red or pink or some with words and sprinkled with glitter. Lots of small boards with either beads or floral handles and valentines greetings on them. Lots of cupcake cutouts or painted on other signs. One was a cake with Happy Birthday on a yard stake. Several shamrock signs too. And some cute things that were pet related. Prices ranged from $6 for small signs to $24 for larger ones. Some really sweet dish towels and hand towels with cute strips of fabrics, rick rack or other trim sewed on the bottom of them. They had them with bunny fabric, some with St. Pat's fabrics, some just spring looking fabric and beads. They were 7.99 ea. or $15 for two. Birds and birdhouses still seem popular. Lots of wreaths--many in the upper $20's to medium $30's. Lots of jewelry, food products, aprons, tee shirts. I was tempted by a couple of the signs--but realized I could make them myself cheaper--but will I????? LOL

Some of you know that I hunt for western paperback books for my brother in the Midwest to read during the long winter months when they sometimes get snowed in. Well, I had about exhausted the two library bookstores where I live as well as the TS in the area. Today, I decided to check the library in a nearby town. I hit the jackpot! There were several westerns at 50 cents each so I got him two bags full. Woo hoo!

I didn't get to paint on my project this afternoon since I spent the day running around--so maybe tomorrow.

Belle, I am so glad to hear your good news! Sorry they had to tape and poke you up so much, but so worth it to know it's not a heart problem.

I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Morning all...
    Based my next project last night and will hopefully have time to finish it today after I go shopping for my food for the Super Bowl party. It's an Americana project that I've been wanting to do forever. Hope it turns out good.

Luvs~ sounds like you had a fun day. Great haul on the books. I do seem to recall you saying something about the books for your brother. If it would have stuck in my head I could have been picking some up at our TS for him.

Belle~ Awesome news! Sorry they messed ya up with the tape, but it's a relief to know these things. That Beer bread is so easy, just mix it together and throw it in a pan. Have to make some more today. DH is into making this Kombucha tea now and he wanted a certain bottle with a swing top to put it in so he bought some beer with those tops so he could reuse them. Now I have to hurry and use up the beer before he makes his next batch. I love bread too and this is really good stuff.

Still have 2 kids sick. They are on the upswing, but decided to go ahead and keep them home since they only have 1/2 day today anyway. They'll go back on Monday. Think I have everything collected to start the Science Fair projects. Those are due Wed. Late start this year. Oh well. Not much else going on besides the usual mayhem. Miss Punk's smiling posts. ha Take it easy. ~Anj

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Thought ya'll would like to see the newest member of our family. Her name is Mya and she is part Yorkie, part Lhasa Apso. She is so tiny!! Our friends could no longer keep her so they gave her to us. She is only a year old. The kids are in love and I have to admit so am I. The picture doesn't do justice to how cute she is. Excited to have a dog again!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Anj, she looks so sweet. I love Yorkies, they are so full of energy and playfullness. I know she probably won everyone's heart immediately. Congrats on your new "family member". ;o)

I finished another Valentine heart. Haven't sprayed it with the sealer yet because it's raining here. I posted it over on the gallery.

Went to a later WW meeting this morning--it was pouring down rain when I woke up this morning at 6, so I just rolled over and slept another hour! Woo Hoo! I've finally lost the first 10 pounds. Slow but sure--just gotta stick with it!

Belle, are you getting rains too? Or is it snow where you are? I saw the weather map with all those "sytems" moving across. Anj, how's your weather? Are you getting any of the rains there? It's sorta fun when I look at the maps and know I have forum friends scattered all across the map. Punk, what's happening in your neck of the world? Not more icy roads I hope.

Okay, I worked on another little project yesterday and need to do a bit of tweaking on it. I sure need to dig out some practice pages and work on doing strokes. I've never been very good at comma strokes and such and yet they look so easy in the videos I have! LOL I can actually do them better doing One Stroke with a larger brush than I can using a little brush.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Enjoy the Super Bowl, I hope your team wins. ;o)

Luvs

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath