Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Did the groundhog see his shadow?

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Good morning Anj, Well, was the sun shining yesterday where you are? Did the ol groundhog see his shadow? Hope not since that means six more weeks of Winter! LOL

So are you all snowed in and feeling blah? Or are you just busy as a bee and no time to mess around chatting on here?

I have no snow,and the weather hasn't been bad, but I don't seem to be getting much done around here either. We went to a movie yesterday afternoon after I got back from having lunch with the girls. Lunch was so fun, we were all laughing and telling kid and dog stories--surprised they didn't kick us out of there.

We are getting some rain this morning, not sure what time it started. I love it when it rains at night and then stops during the day--and that happens most of the time here.

I have several books laying out on my end table. Each of them have patterns of projects that I would like to do. Now to just go out to the shed and find the right wood piece and get a couple of them cut out and painted. Getting ready to paint the project always seems to be what takes me the longest.

Well, I'd better get moving, won't be long until Sophia gets here. Haven't seen her since last Sunday, so looking forward to our play time. Told DH that I never thought I'd be playing with dolls again in my old age! LOL She wants me to play everything with her, so we comb dolls hair and put bows in it, dress them up and sometimes even make them "talk" to each other! ;o) And I must say both of our coloring skills are improving greatly too. ;o)

I'll talk to you later.

Luvs

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Well, unfortunately Puxatawmy Phil DID see his shadow so that means more winter for us. More snow this week in store for us, but it's supposed to get up to 40 on Sunday!! I'm looking forward to that to get us out of the 20's we seem to be stuck in! Brrrr!

I was having the grumpies last week for some reason. May be the weather or my diet, but I'm feeling better. I have been keeping super busy lately. I got my bathroom painted finally and am ready for the tile guy to come this week. I know you'll be glad when I get that bathroom finished so you can quit hearing about it. ha I'll just be glad to have it finished PERIOD!! And I did get a little sidetracked doing some genealogy cause we have a new family line to track now. GGG-gpa was a dead end, but new dna testing has concluded that his mom was pregnant with him when his dad died, she remarried and when he was born they gave him the new husbands name! So where we thought we were Kimbles we are actually Biebers! ha So I've been excitedly tracking that side of the family in my spare minutes.

Usually the winter months are the best time to paint, but for some reason I just can't get myself set up and going. I think I'm going to set aside Wed just for painting and see how that goes. I'll put in my favorite movie...Pride and Predjudice and see how much I can get done!!

Glad you had a good time out with friends. We are supposed to be going out on Friday to dinner and a movie with some of ours. I don't even have to ask how things went with Sophia. ha I know ya'll have a good time together. Did ya'll watch the superbowl? I spent most of my day in the kitchen whipping up snacks and visiting with my mom and SIL so I didn't watch any of it. It was a good day though.

I gotta go run my kids to school. TTYL ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Since it stopped snowing and the sun is out for a little while.....I'm off to the TS! Wish me luck!! :D ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I admire your patience doing the genealogy--that can be pretty confusing. I had a friend/neighbor who had that same thing happen in his family about the last name. Where he thought he was a Clarke, he found out he was really a Cooke! Gave him some identity issues because it wasn't as far back as yours! My Dad worked on ours for years, my brother has the original but hasn't made copies for the rest of us yet. It took Daddy a long time since he was doing it all by letters and phone--no computer! He seemed to enjoy it though.

I'm not a sports fan, DH kept up with it off and on all day. I had Sophia so we were busy playing. She had been sick, and was really tired/grumpy that day. I ended up getting her on my lap and we talked and I sort of rocked her and she fell asleep leaning on my shoulder--been a long time since she has held still long enough for that! She slept an hour and a half! Was so much happier when she woke up. Guess she really needed a good nap that day!

Sorry about the groundhog, if it gets in the 40's, you will think you are having a hot spell won't you? We have been pretty cool for the last week or so, need long sleeves on to be comfortable. It was really gorgeous yesterday to see the clear blue sunny sky above and the snow capped mountains with big puffy white clouds in the distance. We've been having rain off and on and we are so glad about that--we need it!

No projects started yet--no good excuses. I think about it lots but just can't seem to get a project ready to go. Part of the problem is that I change my mind about what I want to paint first again and again. Need to just make a decision and get started on it--can't do them all at once anyway! LOL

Better get off here and get a little work done around here. I've been trying to go through some old mags and clear some out. I have several old Country Decorating ones that I really don't need now, so trying to tear out what I really like so I can get rid of them. Need the room for the new mags I keep getting. However, I am buying less of them than I used to--partly because so many of them are mainly ads and all look alike, and partly because the price on several have gone up to $6.95 or higher! Just too much for something that might only have one article or project that I like. ;o(

I'm outta here--I'll catch you later.

Luvs

P. S. Glad to hear the bathroom is painted, hope the tile guy can get his part done quickly for you.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey luvs...
    The family history stuff is sooo addicting! ha It's just so exciting when you finally find that person you've been looking for. You just want to keep going further and further back and I love the stories and pictures I find as well. Plus I've actually met some relatives online when we've shared information so that's pretty neat too. My grandmother also did a lot without a computer!

Isn't it just so sweet when those little kids fall asleep on your lap.....although after a while when your arms and legs fall asleep....not so much. ha Hope Sophie is feeling better.

I painted yesterday. I didn't get a whole lot done though. I painted a barn star black (it was a christmas one like the one gram showed us) and I had some papier mache stars that I painted red, gold and blue to go into a basket. And I worked on a little rocking horse for my SIL. She bought it at the TS, but it was painted Christmasy and she wants it Americana so I've got it almost finished. A lot of sanding prep involved with that one. And of course I forgot to do the before picture. Why can't I remember to do that??? ha I guess I just get so excited to get going on it. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself so I'm planning on doing some more today to see how much I can get done. :)

I used to subscribe to several magazines, but I've learned that it saves me money and space by just buying them individually at the store so I can pick and choose the ones I really want. The only ones I buy now are the Q & E Painting and Country Sampler.

Almost time to run DD to school. Have a good day and I'll check ya later. ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I finished the rocking horse today. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anj, you are just amazing! No matter how busy you are, you will always make time to do something for someone else! ;o)
    Glad you were able to get the little rocking horse repainted for your SIL, I'll look forward to the pics.

Well, I still haven't painted, but I did sort through some of my fabric stash and decided that either I need to use it or I need to get rid of it--it's been packed away the whole six years we've lived here! So I'm trying to do a couple of easy projects. Just a reversible table topper, and maybe a try a couple of pretty towels like I've seen online at one of the blogs. I'm not very good, so I have to do allot of pinning which gets sort of boring for me. I like quick projects! LOL

Went outside yesterday and transplanted some hydrangas and got rid of lots of grass out of my flower beds. I need to get a couple of bushes trimmed too, the rains have really made them take off. If I wait too much longer, I'll need a ladder, they are already taller than my block wall! Our weather is taking a warm turn finally! Supposed to be in the low 70's today!

I'd better go check the forums. I'll chat with you later.

Luvs