Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Time is whizzing by.....

anjabee
16 years ago

Hey Luvs~ Well, I finally got the little rocky horse posted. I didn't get to paint on Monday. DH took it off and we went to do his shopping for the trip. I went shopping yesterday and am gonna head out today as well to pick up a few odds and ends. I guess this trip is all I can think about right now. ha 9 days until we leave!!!

What have you been up to? Anything fun? ~Anj

Comments (2)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Good morning, Anj. So great that you have this Hawaii trip to look forward to--keeps those winter doldrums away, huh? Are the kids going too, or staying with Grandma? If you are like me, I always take more stuff along than I need. It can be hectic getting ready, but you are gonna love it!

Not much going on here, I've had another cold the last three days but seems much better this morning. Took a friend out for lunch yesterday for her birthday, then hit a couple of TS on the way home. Didn't find anything to paint, just some plates and a bunny figurine. I'll just post them on holidays. I have started painting on an old tin tray that I've had laying around. Just got the basecoating done, so it will be awhile before it is ready for show & tell.

I've piddled with making some ornaments by reusing some old styrofoam ones I had on hand. Had bought some gold trims when Hancock's was going out of business, so needed to find a project to use it on. I posted them on crafts--nothing to brag about, but turned out okay I guess.

I've also been pulling the grass out of my flower beds and doing some trimming out there. Still more to do. And I've spent quite a bit of time with the GD, she is just so fun now, we have these long discussions and she wants me to tell her stories about when her Daddy was little and about when we got our dogs. She is printing her name all by herself now which impressed me, and sings these cute little songs.

I'm eager for you to get to go on your trip, and can't wait to hear what you do and what you think about Hawaii. ;o) Enjoy yourself.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey...
    The kids are staying with G-ma. Hope she can handle it. ha I'm gonna be forced to pack light this trip cause we just got new luggage and my bag is not very big.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm fighting something too. Think it may be allergies believe it or not. I wouldn't think anything would be flying around with all this snow, but they said on the news that a lot of people are having allergies right now and that's what mine feels like. I'd love it if it was warm enough for me to work in the yard.

DM had me take her to the TS yesterday. She wanted to try to find a filing cabinet for my DB. I bought quite a few things. An old looking Santa on a wooden sled ($1), a big wood crate ($2), an oar to paint for my DB ($1) and a tiki cup (he collects them), the horse cutout ($1), a heavy resin americana angel that holds a flag ($1), a small wire Christmas tree ($.50), a new snowman trio (orig. pricetag said $17.50, but I got it for $1), a courting candle ($.50), a few books to read on the plane($50ea), a cute summer pottery vase(.50) and a little stone rabbit and a shepherds crook for my flower beds come spring ($.25 and $1.50),a hanging slate to paint($.50), and a cute Spongebob sleeping bag in a carrying case ($4). I think that's everything. ha Quite a haul. I think I could go into business just buying new things at the TS and selling them on e-bay. So many cute new still in the box things that I'm sure people received for Christmas and didn't want. Quite a few of those big lighted Christmas town pieces for $3! They are sold at Christmas for $30. I'm such a junkie. ha

I guess I'd better run thru Crafts real quick and check out your ornies. I'm sure they look cute. I just sat down for a sec to eat my lunch. ~Anj