Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gram_nh

Thank you! And prayers please!

gram_NH
17 years ago

Just wanted to thank you Anj, for those recipes. I made the Chicken and Broccoli cassarole for my daughter saturday along with a big pot of American chop-suey.

Sunday, I was tired of cooking and went in the freezer to take something out for hubby and I. First thing I saw was country style spareribs. It looked like a roast, all frozen together and a light bulb went off. I wondered if I cooked it like Luv did her roast if it would work. Hmmm....sprinkeld some garlic powder, black pepper and paprika on the frozen block and wrapped in tin foil. Set it in the pan in the oven at 250 degrees about 9am. When we got home at 3pm...it was done and soooooooo delicious!

Now the reason I had to cook for my daughters family is that on Sat, Jan 20th, she was in a severe car accident. Her right arm went through the windshield. It came within 2 inches of being severed. She is home now and we are praying that the surgerys take. Her fingers were black and swollen but yesterday...the color is back and she can move them. They have casted her arm in hopes that the bone between the elbow and shoulder that was snapped in two, will heal. Otherwise she will need a steel rod. One way or another, she will have another surgery in 4 to 6 weeks as the ligament that holds the elbow in place was severed. Boy oh boy, I know the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, but He sure is testing us this past year.

Prayer is what got us through my sons transplant and I know we will get through this. Just need as many prayers for Amy as possible.

Guess I won't complain about cooking for 2 again! I am now back to cooking for 6! Actually, I love it, just wish it weren't for this reason!

Thanks in advance for the prayers!

Comments (9)

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

I hope all goes well for your daughter. Will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers. I wish I could say something about cooking but I never did like cooking and am not very good at it. I still do not know how to use the crock pot!!
    Take care.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Oh my goodness, Gram! That is horrible. Is she still in a lot of pain? I imagine so when the meds wear off. If she is right-handed I'm sure it is more than frustrating for her. I can't imagine how we would get along if that happened to me. The ladies at my church are good about things like that so I'm sure they would help out.
    I'm glad those recipes came at a "good" time. All this talk of roast is making me want one! We will certainly keep Amy in our prayers and send hopes for a swift and complete recovery. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oh Gram, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. Thank goodness she survived the accident, and they think they can repair her arm. What a scary thing for all of you. She is so blessed to have you close by to help her and her family while she recuperates. I know it will be tiring for you too. May God bless each of you with the strength to overcome this horrible accident. Let Amy know that we will all be praying for her. Please keep us posted on how things are going. Take care. Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

How are things going with you Gram? Thinking about you. ~Anj

• gram_NH
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks all, Amy sure is in for a long haul. The last xray showed the bone moved and is not healing correctly. As soon as the hundreds of stiches heal, they are going to have to rebreak it and try to set it...this time with a more substantial cast. They were not able to put a regular hard cast on because of the stiches. They really want to make every effort to set this bone so that no rod is necessary. Then when the bone or rod is set, she will need surgery to reconnect the ligament that was severed. Amy has been my challange child. She had just gotten clean of a pain med addiction. She definetly needs them now, but the Drs are aware and have assured us they will give it their all to wean her off them when the time comes. Your prayers really do help.....especially for me... I can feel them every day. I try to thank Him for all his blessings each and every day....you all are among those blessings.

• diarich
    17 years ago

Gram! I am so sorry your family is going through this.
    You have my prayers. This is really going to test Amy when her pain is gone. Sounds like she is really going to be going through a lot.
    God Bless You!
    Diana

• anjabee
    17 years ago

That just sounds so painful. How long do they expect this whole procedure, surgeries and all to take? Is she able to do anything or is she just stuck sitting around all day? That will be a trial for her to have to overcome the same thing she just went thru trying to get off the pain meds. Hopefully with the drs help she'll be able to do it without too much difficulty this time. We'll keep up the prayers for you and for her. He will certainly bless you for all you are doing for her. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

I'm glad Anj took time to ask how you are doing. I know you have several children, are any of them close enough to help this daughter out too? That way it won't be so much for you. Boy, this is a good time for some crock pot and casserole dishes if you are needing to cook for six. So sorry to hear they will have to rebreak the bone--that adds at least six weeks more onto her recovery time--not to mention how horrible it is to have to have that done. Hang tight--you will make it through this. Love and prayers. Luvs

• gram_NH
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. I could write a book here about Amy, but I will just say that we are sure she is bipolar, but refuses to get help. Most of the siblings have distanced themselves from her. They love her but the drama she lives in, has caused them all to stay away. Actually, untill this, she was not talking to me. It is ok...I know that she loves me, and she knows I love her..I will just be there as long as she needs me. Plain and simple. My prayer is that when the healing of the arm is over, she will get the healing help she needs for her daily living. She is learning to do things with her left hand and is really putting her all into this. So...right now I am very proud of her and that is a good thing.

Thanks again, all of you.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living