Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Luvs...Thank you!!

anjabee
16 years ago

Hey, I just wanted to thank you AGAIN for the tip on the alcohol. I came back home last night after having dinner with friends to find my countertop covered with red permanent marker!! Nothing was taking it off and it popped in my head about the alcohol. It took it right off! Whew! If you wouldn't have given me that little tip I would have never thought to use it and I'd have one less child today! hahaha JK Thank you again, it's come in handy for more than just painting. :) ~Anj

Comments (2)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oh goodness! So glad the alcohol worked for you! I usually always have two or more bottles of it on hand--it's cheap and works on lots of things. Now you know the little one who made the marks is not the only one in trouble--the one who was supposed to be watching her should be as well! Tell them both how lucky they are you got that marker off! LOL

My newest favorite thing to have around the house is those Magic Eraser pads. They are a bit costly and don't last long, but they sure work on lots of things. I love them for getting the marker ink and/or sticky glue off my TS finds, they do a quick cleanup on my textured white refrigerator handles, and they make my sink sparkle with just a wipe! I love time/muscle savers! (Haven't tried them on anything painting related yet, but should test them on my plexiglass piece on my painting counter--I use alcohol and a papertowel all the time to clean the paint spatters off of it--sometimes need my razor blade too if I've let it go too long.)

So how was your dinner out? Nice to have some "adult" conversations I'm sure. How's your snow--still coming? Are you getting any sunshine?

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, our night out was so much fun. Actually we went out Friday and last night. Friday night went to dinner and a movie with friends. Saw Fools Gold. It was pretty good, but kinda slow moving especially when we went to the late show and I was almost falling asleep anyway.
    Last night was DH's old boss's 40th b-day party. They had it at the Japanese Steakhouse and get this....they paid! For 40 people!! That place is at least $50 a couple. Crazy! We got a good chef, the food was excellent, and I had a good conversationalist sitting next to me so we chatted all thru dinner. Then we went to the b-day boys house after for dessert and 80's trivia game. Met some more of the wives from DH's work and hit it off with several of them so it was really a fun night for us. Birthday boy and wife invited us back for supper and games one night.

I didn't get on to the marker girl or sitter too badly cause I'm the one who left the marker down where she could get it. ha I use those magic erasers for crayons on the walls and more. They are a great invention for sure.

Well, I guess I better get up from here and get some lunch on the table. I'll try to get that horsey posted this afternoon. ~Anj

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations