Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Anj, How is it going?

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Just wondering how the little one is doing? Is it difficult keeping her off her foot? Were you able to paint your bathroom? Hope so, know you are anxious for the tile guy to do his thing.

Well, don't faint, but I got my Santas base coated today! Wahoo! I had cut out four of them. Now I just need to work on the detail part which is actually the part I like to do best.

It is so beautiful here today except that it has been pretty windy. Nice and sunny and warmer, just the way I like it!

LUvs

Comments (15)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey Luvs....She is doing ok, she is walking on it on her heel only still which they said was ok. They kinda left it up to her. The dr said she would start walking on it again when it quit hurting so I'm assuming it's still hurting. I am debating whether or not to put a shoe on it when I go to the store today. It's still a little swollen so I probably won't.
    I did not get my bathroom painted. Too much stuff going on and I waited around for DH to go with me to get the paint and then he told his friend he'd go ice fishing. It started snowing and I just said forget it. ha I'm going to pick it up today.
    Congrats on getting your Santas coated. haha I got nothing done on mine and it's not looking good for today either. I've got to run errands, pick up my paint and go grocery shopping. It's so cold here today. It's only 13 degrees out this morning and will only get up to 32....the weatherman said to enjoy it cause this is the warm spell. UGH. It will only get up barely to the 20's later this week. BRRRR! I will be inside mostly so maybe I will finally get some painting done! ha Whether it's on walls or on my snowman.....we'll see! :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I know how that goes! No matter what my intentions, other things always seem to pop up to side track me! LOL

I'm glad Neleh is at least able to walk on her foot. Poor thing! I just hate it when little ones get hurt! They truly are resilent though aren't they?

I got the Santas painted except for the backs and the sign that goes with them. Now I remember why I don't like to do multiples--even though they are all the same pattern, each one looks slightly different because of my painting! LOL

I really need to paint more often. Practice truly does help in my case. I had to correct places I went out of the lines, and had to redo my floated shading in some places. Just causes me to be so much slower than I once was. I still get a thrill when I see the finished item and realize that I painted it! I remember back when I thought I couldn't do it at all--thank goodness I kept trying because it is so satisfying to take a plain piece of wood and turn it into something cute. ;o)

Was in Home Goods yesterday and they had these big signs for Valentine's and St. Pat's that I really liked. Just a big 3/4 inch board with either a heart or shamrock partially cut out on one end. The Shamrock one came with two different sayings on it in green glitter paint. The Valentine's one said "Together is the nicest place to be" in red glitter. Not sure where I could hang something that big--maybe just prop it on my front window shelf. They were $14.99 I keep telling myself I don't NEED them--or I COULD make something similar. But the lettering was so neat--you know how I struggle with lettering! DH would just kill me for blowing $30 bucks on them I think! LOL

So should I be glad you are going to be snowed in for awhile so I will get to see some of your pretty creations soon? Good thing I am at this end of the computer or you would probably kick me for being happy you have cold weather! LOL

Take care.

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey....Ok so I don't think I have to go anywhere tomorrow so besides some laundry and cleaning the fish tank I should have some time to paint. It's going to be a short week for the kids, they get off early on Thursday and then have Friday and Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr Day. I'd like to be able to get something completed before the weekend. Sounds like you are getting pretty far into your project. You don't take nearly as long as I do to paint so I expect your 3 will be done before my 1. ha
    I know what you are saying about looking at something you've done and being a little amazed about it. I like it even better when someone is praising it and then figures out that I actually painted it. ha That gives me a real charge! ha
    So you didn't end up getting the signs then? Maybe they'll go on sale and you can pick them up for cheaper?
    And please don't be wishing any more cold weather on me. ha I've about turned into an eskimo over here as it is. :)
    Neleh told me this afternoon that her foot isn't hurting anymore so hopefully it's on the mend. They do heal quickly. I'm trying to make her be careful with it so she doesn't reinjure it. I don't know if I ever answered you, but they didn't want me to wrap it for whatever reason?

Anyway, my DH just got home so I need to go visit with him for a little while before it's time for bed. Chat with ya tomorrow. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, it is Thursday morning. My Santas are all painted, just need to attach the cord to connect the two pieces together and get them sprayed with a couple coats of sealer today.

That means you can expect pics of them probably tomorrow!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today, then need to work on my Valentine's stacked plates a bit. Probably won't do any housework today--goof off day, need one of those sometimes! LOL

So how are you doing Anj? Did you get your paint for the bathroom? How's Neleh doing? Still favoring her foot some?

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey...I did a major cleaning on my house today and cleaned the kids rooms and moved some furniture around and got all the laundry done. I'm beat, but I don't want there to be any excuses why I can't paint tomorrow and get a few other little projects done. ha The kids will be home, but they'll most likely play video games most of the day and then DH is going to a Utah Jazz game tomorrow night so I may just order something in.

I'm so jealous that you are done with your project already, but happy at the same time that I get to view something new from you! ha I've been a little snippy lately because of different things coming up right when I think I'm going to be able to paint. It's really ticking me off. ha So tomorrow is my day!! I know I've been saying it, but I really mean it this time. I've already put everyone on notice. :)

I hope you had a good time at lunch. It is nice to get away from the house and have some fun sometimes. I need to make some time to go visit the Holiday forum. I've not had time to peek in at any of the other forums for a while.

I did get the paint for my bathroom, but am dreading doing it for some reason. DH said he'd help me this weekend.

Neleh has been good about keeping herself off her foot, but she's put it wrong a few times getting out of her chair at the bar and coming down off her bed and I heard her say ouch so I know it's still bothering her a little. I hope she recovers with no problems.

Well, I guess I'd better figure out something to feed these mongrels for supper. ha I never even stopped to eat lunch so I'm getting a bit peckish. I'll stop in tomorrow and let you know how I'm progressing, but I promise not to get sidetracked. ha ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Anj, At least your house is clean. I do one room, then next day work on another--and by then the first one seems to need it again! And there are only two people and two dogs living here. Don't know how you keep up with it all at your house--hopefully the kids can pitch in and help some too.

Figuring out what to make for dinner is always my biggest puzzle of the day. I really need to dig out some of my recipe books and select a couple of new things to try--I tend to do the "tried and true" things that I just know how to do--but then I get tired of that at times and want something "different". LOL

Do you have Red Lobster restaurants where you live? They have this ad going on television now for all the shrimp you can eat. There are about four or five different kinds of shrimp and the ad is just making me drool! I need to convince DH that we need to eat out one evening soon. LOL

I certainly wasn't trying to get my project painted before you! LOL Let's face it, I have allot more free time than you do with a growing family. I got the Santa's sprayed with sealer front and back, now just need to see if I can get a good pic of them so you can see too. I've still got a couple more Christmas things I'd like to paint, but Valentines ideas are pulling at my thoughts a bit now too. We'll see what I end up doing next.

Lunch was fun, always nice to get together with old friends. Then I hit a couple of stores on the way home to see what's out for Valentines, St. Pat's and Easter already. Didn't find anything much. I'm trying to get myself in the mood to decorate--they are gonna have to kick me off the Holiday forum if I don't get myself in gear and do something creative to share! LOL

I'll check in tomorrow after you see my Santas. Lordy, but I do struggle with lettering! And yet I love things with words on them! Go figure! LOL

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey, just came from viewing your Santa's! They look so good. I love that pattern. And I didn't mention the lettering in my other post, but it looked so good I just forgot about you struggling with it. Looks darn near perfect to me! And I'm so glad you did get done before me with your project. If we wait around for me then we might be growing cobwebs by now. ha I'm gonna have to dust off my projects before I can get started on them.

Glad you had a fun day out and about yesterday. I'm planning on doing some TS shopping next week if it's not snowing.
    Do you have a crockpot/slow cooker? I've been using mine a lot lately. I recently tried a new Russian Chicken and Salsa Chicken in it that my family loved that I'd be happy to share with you. There is one Red Lobster that I know of. I think I've eaten there once many years ago for a friends b-day. I love fried shrimp. One of my very favorite food things. I think you'd better get to talking! ha

I slept in a little this morning and am checking my sites before I get started so I have no distractions. I just had to get on to tell everyone that I have lost 9lbs in 15 days!! Been exercising every day and eating less and better, trying to get myself in shape before Hawaii in March. I still have 10 more lbs to lose, but I'm just so excited that it's coming off so quickly!

Well, I'm itching to get started and hope to get a lot done today. I'm off to set up my table and get to painting. Later...~ANJ

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad to hear your weight loss plans are working. You are always so busy--can't imagine that any extra pounds could hang on for very long! Going to Hawaii is certainly a good motivator isn't it? ;o)

I do have a couple of crockpots, and I love easy recipes. I'd love to have the Russian and Salsa chicken recipes. Do you want to email them to me?

Hope your plans worked out and you were able to do a little painting today. Can't wait to see your next projects.

Oh, I created a Valentine's table. Not perfect, but I'm happy with it. I posted it over on Holidays. Bought some cheap plates at Target and already had the rest of the stuff on hand. I find that a fun, creative thing to do too. ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey...I got the snowman painted, but my new camera is much more complicated than I at first thought and I can't get a good picture of it. Guess I need to read the manual a little more. ha I'll try to get it posted tomorrow.

I'll be happy to email those recipes to you. And I'll try to slip over to holidays to check out your table. I'm sure it looks wonderful.

~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah for you! I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Bet you were happy to get it all painted. Heck, I bet you were just happy to have time to paint finally.

I am not good with "gadgets" at all, so when I have to get replacements I always dread it--know I will struggle understanding it. However, the new ones usually have some wonderful new features that I learn to love eventually!

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Well, as you can see I didn't get my pics posted yet. Been painting my bathroom for the later half of the afternoon. I only got it primed. I ran into some problem areas the contractor left so I'm stuck until I can get to Lowes to get some sheetrock mud. But I made some good headway.
    I need to find where I put my camera instruction book. Of course everything else is all together, but the ins. book is missing. ha I may have left it in my bedside table. Anyway, will try to get those pics posted tomorrow.
    Hope you are having a good weekend. I guess it doesn't matter to ya'll if it's a long one or not since you are both retired. ha Do you get your GD Monday? ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You are right, Anj. I used to anxiously look forward to the holidays that gave me a day off work. Now every day is a holiday! LOL Thought I would never get to this point, so I am really appreciative of this "freedom". ;o) (Now if my energy level and my older body parts would just let me do all my mind tells me I want to do!)

Don't you hate that when you are in the middle of a project and have to stop for repairs? You seem to take it in stride pretty well, must have been ready for a break anyway, huh? Know you are glad to get started on it--are you guys able to use the room now? That's the important part--having it all pretty again will be the bonus. ;o)

I've got a couple of ideas for my next project, just need to make a final decision and get started.

I went through some of my old books yesterday, and once again realized that many of them only have one or two patterns I care about. Guess I need to start weeding some of them out again. Keep hanging on to them because my tastes do change and something that didn't interest me last year might be just the pattern I want this year. But I have too many and it just makes them so tight on the shelves. Would be better if I clear a few more out so it is easier to get to the rest I think. Some are so old that I doubt if they will ever be popular again! LOL

Better check the other forum and find something to do so that my day is productive! I'll catch you later.

Oh, little GD is sick. Was complaining that her tummy hurt and actually threw up in the bed when she was here Saturday night and still can't hold much down. Guess she caught a virus. Going to stop by to see her today since she can't come over.

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good morning Anj, Did you survive the long weekend? Gosh, I remember how I used to look forward to those when I was working--now it's just another day and I don't care if the banks are closed or not! LOL

So imagine you are ready for a little peace and quiet today. Are you planning to relax or is it time to hit the TS in search of treasure?

DH has been off since Friday, so I've not done allot. We went to see "Mad Money" at the movies, and yesterday I went browsing at Michael's and Homegoods a bit. Didn't buy anything except some colored pencils for GD. Still allot of Christmas stuff on sale, but I'm not really interested now that I've gotten mine put away. I did sheets, and vacuumed and mopped yesterday. Think I will clean my bedroom carpet today. The livingroom could probably use it too, but doubt that I'll have the energy for two rooms! LOL

Not much of interest to chat about, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Oh, thanks for sending the recipes. I want to give them a try, just need to get some more chicken breasts at the store. I cooked beans and ham hocks yesterday in the crockpot. Usually do at least one batch each winter.

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey, it's been crazy around here. I thought I was gonna have a relaxing day off yesterday, but my mom woke me up at 6am asking could I take her to her dr appt since my dad was sick. There was a big snow storm and none of the roads were plowed so it took us 2 hours going 10-20mph to get to the drs. People were sliding off the road left and right and I was a nervous wreck. Then we were at the drs about 3+ hours. Took DM and Neleh to lunch after and then to pick up prescriptions and to Sears for a little while and didn't get home until after 3. I was so exhausted I just lay on the couch until DH came home and I fell asleep. He had to fix the kids supper. ha
    Needless to say my older kids destroyed my house while I was gone yesterday so I spent all morning cleaning and have had company (aunt and cousin) for the better part of the afternoon and they just left. I've got to leave in a few minutes to go pick up DD from school. Another day shot to heck. ha While I've got a few minutes I'm gonna try to play with this camera and see if I can get this picture posted. I've got to go to the grocery tomorrow and will probably zip by a few TS beforehand. It's supposed to be clear skies tomorrow so no snow.
    Anyway, just thought I'd take a sec to check some mail. Let me see if I can get this pic posted. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh! I'm glad you got her to her appointment and back home safely. That would be so scary driving on those roads. Hope your Dad is feeling better today.

Glad you were able to take a nap--that's good for calming your nerves. Don't stress over the camera, we will be here when you figure it out.

I cleaned carpets in two bedrooms and cleaned the master bath. I'm tired, so playing on here while I have a soda. I need to get another project started. Takes me forever to pick one, get the wood ready and get started painting!

Oh, I got my Quick & Easy Painting magazine yesterday and I was sort of disappointed. Lots of scenery and wine themed projects, but not much really cute stuff. There was one watering can and one set of candles that interested me a bit, but not much else. Now I'm waiting for the Painting one and hoping for more good projects to add to my already too long list! LOL

I'll talk to you later, okay?

Luvs

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio