Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Luvs, did you get done packing??

anjabee
17 years ago

Just wondering if you got everything packed up at the store? Have you had your official last day yet? ~Anj

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Yep! Yahoo! Monday was my last official day--turned in my keys and picked up my final pay--even got a $50.00 bonus--how about that? ;o) They said that I worked so hard and did such a good job for them--that was their way of saying thank you.

I was really tired--been a long time since I had worked six days in a row. They would have let me work Sunday too--but I said "Sorry, that's Gramma's day with the little one." It was pretty much done except for odds and ends like cleaning supplies and gift boxes and bags.

Next week, DH and I are heading out to Quartsite for the big RV event. Haven't been able to go for awhile, so am looking forward to it. I am going to take my paints along in case I have any time to sit and paint. Got to figure out some small projects to take along.

That was sweet that you were thinking about me--thanks.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, glad that's over and 50 bucks isn't bad. That will buy something fun. Sounds like you will be doing a differnt kind of packing now. ha But at least it will be for fun. Have you been able to find any small projects yet? I'm assuming that's an RV Show? Not having an RV yet, I've never had the need to go to one. What kinds of things do they have there? Are you just looking at RV stuff all day or do they have other things as well to entertain you? Have fun and let us know before you take off.
    I'll try to have a few things posted when you get back. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Good morning Anj, Not to worry, DH bought some new gismo to make sure we could get online while camping. After dinner, when we settle in for the evening, we usually watch tv and play on our computers. We both have laptops so they go along with us when we travel.

Where we go for this is out in the desert and we camp on State land with no electric or water hookups. (We normally go where we have those, even though the RV is self contained with generator, water, and propane)

Thousands of RVers show up from all over the US and Canada. It is an amazing sight to see them parked all over the desert! There are tents full of anything and everything an RVer could want, and also places where you can buy jewelry and all kinds of other stuff. Guess it started out selling gems and minerals, and just grew from there.

We are joining up with a group from RV forum.net. So far it looks like there will be about 50 RVs in our group. Sometimes there are activities planned, but mostly we just shop or walk the dog or chat with other people. About 4, we all take goodies and drinks and gather around a big firepit. Trade lots of tales and often recipes too. Some people live in their RVs, but most just use them for trips to get away for awhile and explore.

Goodness! I probably rattled on and told you way more than you even wanted to know! Ha ha

I'm still trying to figure out what projects to take along. Only staying three nights this time. I think I will take a couple of my painted trays, might find a St. Pat's or Easter pattern and try to get it cut out to take. I do have a few of those wooden eggs, but I'm not very good at those small things. We'll see.

Hope your weather clears up some so you can go to the TS and find lots of new goodies to paint too.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey luvs~ so glad you won't be MIA while you're on your little trek. It sounds pretty fun especially if you have some people there to hang out with too.
    Not too much information. It actually gives me better word pictures for my understanding. If they have jewelry would they let you sell some of your trays or things like that?? ha JK I know you are going there to relax. ha

The sun is actually out today even though it's still only in the low 20's. I had to get out in it some so I ran errands and went by the TS and bought a few things to paint. One of the things I got was a flat wooden box that I think was for silverware? It would make a good stationery holder or something fun. I'll have to keep looking at it and see what it's going to morph into. ha Another thing I bought unseen cause I couldn't get it out of the box to look at it, but I peeked in at the corners and it looked like something I can paint. I think it's 3 hinged pieces and one of them is for sure a snowman. I need to go cut open the box and look at it. Ok, it is 3 different snowmen hinged together and they are 2 feet tall and about 8 in across. Someone painted them lightly and rather badly so I'll have fun repainting that. It's really cute and I only paid 3$ for it. Now I'm excited to paint it. I'm gonna go get started. ha Talk to ya later. Have fun. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, Well the cold weather has hit Ariz. too. Down in the mid 30's last night. We slept really good under all the warm blankets. At least it is warm during the day--in the 70's.

Just got back frrom walking thru all the RV tents and booths. Taking a break and then we will head out again. One of my friends from the store is supposed to come up tomorrow to hit the flea market areas with us--that will be fun.

I kept telling her she should post her birdhouses on the Gardenjunk forum, so she finally did. She goes by Lindasew&sew. She collects all kinds of things, then uses them to decorate her birdhouses--very unique.

We went up to the firepit area with the group last night--they call it happy hour. Sometimes people go back there after they've had their dinner, but not this year--too cold out once the sun goes down.

Our dog just loves this, I've been letting him run around off leash, and there are lots of little animal burrows for him to sniff around. Once he actually spots a critter, we will be in trouble--he will be wanting us to take him outside all the time! LOL

The Internet is pretty slow here--lots of people on it too--I just click on something then watch tv while I wait for it to load. Anything with pics is really slow, but email is fine. Just one of the challenges of traveling.

Guess I'll be nice and not insist that DH break the grill out for our steaks tonight--too cold to enjoy eating outside anyway.

Glad you had good luck at the TS, it is so fun to find things we can paint on isn't it? Don't forget the before pics for us, okay? TTYL

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oops Luvs~ I did forget to take the before pic on the hinged snowman. I was so excited to get started. I'll try to remember on the others.

Steaks sure sound good! Too bad about the cold nights. We we are having cheesy ham and potato soup and warm bread for supper. I hope that will ward off the cold just a little. ha

The flea market sounds really fun. I hope you find some pretties for yourself. I'll try to get over to the junk heap today and see if I can find your friends birdhouses.
    Too bad about the slow net, but I'm glad you are at least getting to check in with us while your out and about.

Well, I just stopped for a quick bite and gotta get back to work. Later~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, hot soup and bread sounds yummy! Didn't get to do the steaks--had company come out so we shopped too long for that. Thought I'd find cheap prices here, saw lots of glassware and thought totems. Prices are ridiculous, and you can tell the stuff has been there forever--you'd think they would mark it down and try to get it sold! Oh, well, guess I am just too cheap. I prefer to check for bargains at the TS. Did find a couple of cute items and had fun with my friend who drove up today to hit the flea markets with us. DH is happy, he got some new items for the motor home. This internet is so slow and the forums are slow now too--makes looking at everything really difficult. TTYL

Luvs

• diarich
    17 years ago

That sounds like fun Luvs. If you don't mind, send me the info. Maybe we can go next year.
    I love camping, no better way to travel. We have a 27' motorhome. Our grandson loves spending the night in WalMart parking lots LOL
    Hugs
    Diana

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Diana, I'll send you an email with some info, okay? Luvs