Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Ms Luvs....

anjabee
16 years ago

Where are ya woman? Haven't seen hide nor hair of ya for a few days. Hope you are doing ok. I hear on the news you are getting lots of rain today that you are gonna be sending to me in the form of a major snowstorm. Not nice! ha We are suppose to be getting 8-10" in the valley in the next few days. I went to Wally's and stocked up on some pantry items so I don't have to get out in it. brrr

Hope you get to check in soon. Cya ~Anj

Comments (3)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I've checked in here a few times, but I'm still feeling terrible with this darn cold. Just when I think it might be getting better, it seems to come back with a vengence!

I haven't posted since I haven't really done much. I did go out to the shed one day and cut out four Santa greeting pieces. Thought I'd paint them and at least have that much ready for gifts next year. I really didn't like just giving the neighbors a purchased gift when I could have made something nicer. They are cut out and laying in the craft room--haven't put a speck of paint on them yet.

We are leaving Sunday morning to go to Vegas for the Computer Electronics Show. DH always likes to go, and another couple we know are taking their RV also. Will be back home Wednesday. Haven't decided whether to take the Santas with me or not. Doubt if I will get any painting done.

Oh! that will be allot of snow! We really need the rain here, so sort of hope it stays for a few days--except that where the fires were could develop mud slides if we get too much. Always a downside to everything, huh?

Glad you are all stocked up and ready for the storm. And I know you have several painting projects you want to work on too. Good time to just stay inside where it is warm and look at the pretty snow through the windows.

Do you start making lots of hot soups and such this time of year? I just made a pot of chili a few days ago. And I had already made vegetable beef soup before that. I've been thinking about doing potato soup next. Soup is about the only thing that tastes good to me right now.

I enjoyed reading the conversation you and PF had about Hawaii. It is a beautiful place to visit, I am glad you will get to go. We stayed in a condo when we were there last and DH played golf at Kapalua I think it was. The golf courses there have the most breathtaking views. We also did the beautiful road to Hana--and had heavy rains coming back down, which was a little scary!

One trip was a Union convention in Honalulu, and I remember the gorgeous rainbows outside our windows. Then we flew over to the Big Island and stayed at a hotel where you rode a boat to your room and got to go in the water and play with the dolphins. The big island had allot of lava rock, but the northern part had cattle ranches with lots of green fields--what a contrast!

Then we did another golf group trip to Lanai. It was the least populated and most natural of all the ones we visited. We had a picnic on Honalei beach--I kept humming the Puff the Magic Dragon song while we were there. ;o)

Well, I need to fix a bite to eat--think maybe I'll go put my robe on and get comfortable first.

We are not taking my computer this trip, but I might get on once or twice from DH's. If not, I'll be back on Wed. Have a good week. TTYL

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Was hoping you'd be feeling a little better by now. I just sent my mom off to the hospital. We had to call 911 and have them come check her out. She got real dizzy all of a sudden, her blood pressure shot up, her eyesight got blurry and she said she felt heavy on her left side. They couldn't really tell anything with the equipment they had and decided she needed to go to the ER. Just sitting here waiting to hear from my DH and Dad on what's going on. I'm a nervous wreck. Hopefully she's just having an inner ear problem. She had an infection last week and has been on antibiotics and should have been cleared up by now, so maybe it's something to do with that??

Anyway, it seems like everyone has been to Hawaii but me. ha How did that happen??? :) You got in some good trips it sounds like. I think I'll enjoy it, but don't know about being with the people we are going with. I don't really know any of them too well.

I know you'll have fun in Vegas. I wouldn't bother bringing the Santas. Something to work on when you get back. ha Just relax and enjoy your trip.

I do make soups and stews a good bit in the winter. I usually use my crock pot. I have a cheesy potato and bacon soup I make, a veggie soup, crawfish chowder, beef stew, Taco soup which some people call Cowboy soup, and gumbo. That's off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are a few more. ha Haven't made Gumbo in a long time. I should probably try it again soon. That is good comfort food in the cold winter months.

Anyway, don't know if you'll check this tomorrow before you go, but be safe and have a lovely trip with your DH. And hopefully the dry weather will help your sniffles! :) Talk to you when you get back. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, Just got back from the movies. Went to see the new National Treasure movie with Nicolas Cage. It was good, lots of neat special effects just like in the first one.

Well, we have most everything loaded into the motor home, just need to add our toiletries and the puppy dogs. I got them each a nice new chew bone to keep them busy while we go to the electronics show. We are not leaving too early in the morning because a friend said we should hit the Cajon Pass between 10 and 3 so it will be clear of snow! Not used to having to worry about snow! LOL

How is your Mom doing? Did she get to come home? Sure hope she is doing okay? That can be scary. Another of my friends sister had to be rushed to the hospital this week, she had a blood clot but luckily is okay now.

Your cheesy potato and bacon soup really sounds good. Yum! I'm sure I would like the others too, but that one really made me smack my lips!

Guess what? DH says I don't need to bring any food to cook along on this trip. Food is usually cheap in Vegas, so we will just eat out! Yahoo! (He also said I have enough canned and packaged food in the pantry in there to feed us for two weeks!) LOL So I loaded up some drinks and snacks, and we are good to go.

When I get back, I will make painting my priority so I will have something to post on here again. I hate it when we get so slow--so better start doing my part again! ;o)

TTYL

Luvs