Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Got my project posted finally...

anjabee
16 years ago

Sorry it took me so long, but my mom has been having some issues with vertigo and I've been having to try to watch her with her new meds and help her out in case she has a problem. My dad also just got diagnosed with diabetes. Mom went back to work today, but I may have to go pick her up early. She can't drive herself right now. Anyway, with everyone gone I finally had some time to post my pic.

I made it to the TS yesterday for a few minutes. I picked up a cute little chalkboard with a tiny eraser, some books, picture frames, a windchime, a nice shelf for my new bathroom for $4, quite a few books for the kids and a few other odds and ends. I was just excited to get out of the house to do something I wanted to do for a few minutes. ha Told DH I need a date night tomorrow night. We are finally going to go see National Treasure 2 and go out to dinner.

I'm working on my next project. Only have the background painted so far. It's a little kitchen washboard I picked up at the TS for $1.50. It was painted hideous brown with strawberries and daisy's, but I painted it black and am trying to paint a saltbox house scene on it. Guess you'll get to view that one next month. ha

Anyway, just wanted to let ya'll know what I've been up to since I haven't been around too much lately. ~Anj

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I've missed you the last couple of days, but was confident you would be back when you had time. ;o)

I just posted on your snowman post. It turned out really good and you did a great job on it as always.

Glad you got to go to the TS and find some bargains/treasures. The little chalkboard sounds cute. Did you get Painting/craft books? I always look for those, but don't find any very often. Great price on the new shelf for the bathroom too.

I think I need to stay away from the TS for awhile. I am finding things I want but know I don't really need them. One store has two small hard sided suitcases that would be so cute painted. But where would I use them? The last one I painted is stashed in the garage because I don't have a place to display it! ;o(

Then I found three metal candlestands that could be painted black and used to hold small pumpkins next Halloween on my mantle--I had wanted some this year because they just don't look the same on the crystal candle holders that I have. About $9.00 for all three, would be more than that for just one in the stores. I might go back and get them if they are still there, I already have black paint.

Then I also found some really pretty plates and salad plates in a Christmas design. They were a holly design around the rims, and there were eight of them. Just not sure I really need them even though it would be fun to have Christmas china. But then when would I use the two sets of china that I already have? LOL I talked myself out of getting them.

I cleaned cupboards and the fridge yesterday. Rearranged some things and actually now have a couple of nearly empty shelves. Started collecting things that we aren't using that can now go to the TS. Amazing how we just keep things around for years even though we will probably never use them again!

Nice that you already have another project started. I still can't decide what I want to do next! I am so indecisive anymore! LOL Enjoy your date night, that is a fun movie.;o) I'll talk to you later.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Very early good morning Luvs. The dog woke me up at 5:30 to go out and then again to come back in so I guess I'm up for the day.
    I didn't find any paint books at the Ts this time. I found this big old stencil book that I debated over but decided I didn't want it.
    The shelf is nice, but the previous owner painted parts of it green and there is a green check pattern across the top. If that wasn't there I'd have left it natural, but I'm gonna paint it black.
    Congrats on making some space! I need to do that too. Seems like I keep everything...just in case, when I'll probably never use it. That is my spring cleaning goal this year. My attic space needs to be cleaned out really bad for that reason.
    I got my house cleaned and my filing done yesterday. Will be mudding some places in my bathroom, and finishing the priming, but that won't take long. I want to get in some fun painting this afternoon. Hope to get a little bit more done on my washboard and get the shelf painted. I'll paint the bathroom tomorrow. I hope I like the color once it's up on the wall!
    Looking forward to my night out. :) ~Anj

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Had to tell someone! I just trashpicked...well, DD did it for me since I was still in my jammies. ha Was taking her to school and the trash truck was right behind me. I saw this cutest little cabinet stuck out by someones trash. I told DD hurry and jump out and grab that. I'll take a pic after I get the boys to school to show you. Why don't people take these still usable items to the TS for someone else to enjoy? There were big plastic containers and a few other things there that made me wonder what other treasures were gonna go to the landfill today. I hate that!!! I'll be back later with pics. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Good for you, Anj. I'm so glad you had DD grab that little cabinet. I'm like you, don't people realize that maybe another person could fix/use the items they no longer want/need? It is just so crazy! Someone at work once said "Well, I figure if it's not good enough for me to use why would I want to give it to someone else?" About five of us chimed in with "Because someone else may be able to do woodworking or upholstery or painting that you can't/won't do." I've sure seen some darling things made out of throwaways--especially on these forums! ;o) (However, it still makes me nervous when I curb shop for some reason!) LOL

Well, you certainly got an early start on your day! I slept in until 8:00 when my dogs woke me. I stayed up till midnight, then kept waking up waiting for DH to get home from work. It was raining, so think I was worried about him out there on the roads. Always sleep better once he is home safe and sound. The railroad works those guys 10 and 12 hour,sometimes more--then they have to drive home afterwards. Has always been a worry for me, will be nice when he can retire this summer. ;o)

You are getting so much done--making me feel ashamed of myself! I'd better get a project or two going here!

Hope your day goes well, and hope you relax and really enjoy your date night.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are the pics of the little cabinet. I say little, but it's over 2ft tall, over a foot wide and almost a foot deep.

I can see on the wall in the picture that my 3 yr old has been using her clear color wonder crayons. Can't see it in person. ha Guess I need to go scrub that. This camera pics up everything! ha

This is a closeup of the handle. There is abolutely nothing wrong with the cabinet. Can you believe someone threw that away?? ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

That is an adorable cabinet, Anj. I am so glad you saved it. Makes me sick to think things like this go to the landfill. At least in the old days when they hand picked up the trash, it could be sorted and some of it salvaged. Now with the big trucks, it all gets dumped and crushed before it even gets to the dumping grounds! So sad.

Glad you are figuring out the new camera. And don't worry about the little ones artist endeavors--I understand completely since I have the little GD the same age! ;o) Luvs

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022