Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

What's everyone doing?

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Well, our little painting forum has really dropped off. Don't know where all our "painting pals" have gone. Wish they would still stop by and chat a bit here on the conversations side at least.

I know that Painting Fool and I wandered around the other forums a bit and then got interested in making stacking plates, table vignettes, and now table arrangments over on the Holiday forum. We are having a good time, learning how to accessorize our tables better, and sharing pics and chatting with some nice ladies. Be careful if you come by there--it is addicting and can get expensive. I've been out shopping more in the last three weeks than I did all of last year I think! Ha ha

I still check out the Crafts forum, Trash to Treasure, and Garden Junk. I've even looked in on the Mosaic forum--but really don't want another hobby right now!

I have all kinds of trays and wood that need some painting on them--but just keep procrastinating for some reason. Can't seem to find just the right idea or the perfect pattern. Wasn't that way at Christmas, had lots of projects I wanted to do then.

I really enjoyed doing my Valentine's cookies, and they look really good in my stacking plates. Oh, I don't think I posted a pic of that here--wanna see? I'll post a pic here just in case you do wanna see it? LOL

So how about the rest of you--are you painting? Going to class? Taking a vacation? Sick with a cold? Depressed about the weather?

Would love to chat with you, even if it is not about painting. I miss you all.

Luvs

Comments (5)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hey luvs~ I'm busy painting actually. hurray! Prepped a few things and have been painting some Raggety Ann and Andy pics for my neices b-day. I'm almost done with those so I'll post a pic soon. I was inspired by the one you did and remember I went out and bought the coloring book for this purpose. My neice has been collecting Raggety's since she was born (her mom started her out). I hope she'll like them. I did them on card stock and it's almost like doing watercolor. At least I think it is since I've never actually done watercolor, but I've watched my friend do it. I think you said you've used poster board, but have you ever used card stock? Was the poster board like that? I may have to use it next time.
    I sure hope everyone else is working on some things too. I hate that it's so slow around here again. I know we can at least count on you to keep us alive.;) You're the best. ~Anj

• diarich
    17 years ago

I've been babysetting my grandaughter and just started working for my son. There are just not enough hours in the day. Having a 2 yr old around is rough too :-)
    Miss You Too!
    Hugs
    Diana

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

I am in a painting seminar this weekend with one of Sue Scheewe accredited teachers. We painted sunflowers in watercolor and a forrest scene yesterday. Today we are painting a Christmas ornament, geraniums on a slate, and a wildflower scene. However, I came home with chills and fever yesterday so I won't be able to finish mine today. Not a problem though, these are fairly simple and I can finish later in the week. I will post pics after I bring my things home.

BEBE

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good morning! How wonderful to sign on here and find all these nice posts from all of you. Just made my day! ;o)

Anj, aren't those Annie designs in that coloring book cute? I'd like to paint more of them, but don't know what I'd do with them. Hmm! Maybe I could just add them to my stash in the garage that I am thinking about putting out at a Craft/Yard sale this spring. Maybe some little girl's Mom would buy them. That's a thought.

I really don't have any experience painting on card stock. I've heard that allot of people use it to paint cards and scrapbook items. The posterboard I painted was just for a sign--wouldn't reccommend it for a picture or anything like that. Bet Paintingfool has used it--maybe she will have some input.

Are you going to frame your pics? I know I would just love your Neice's room--all full of cute little Raggedy's. No way you could go in there and not smile. ;o)

Diana, those little two year olds can really wear you out! Anj and I both know from experience--she has a daughter, and I have a granddaughter that age. I just love mine to pieces and enjoy watching her grow and learn so much. But I am always tired by the time she goes home--little ones keep you hopping! I don't know how Anj manages to find the time or energy to paint (I'm sure glad she does)--she has four younguns to keep up with. However, she is still young and full of energy too. If you are like me, and not so young anf full of energy, you probably just want to sit and relax every chance you get, right? At least you are taking time to come by and chat with us a bit--glad you're doing that!

PF, there you are. Been missing you. So sorry you are not feeling well. Sure hope you haven't caught the flu. Take care of yourself and get better soon. Yes, I remember you were going to the seminar. Oh, I just love sunflowers! Can't wait to see your watercolor ones. I've never done watercolor, but I love the softness of it. Oh, and geraniums too--love them too. Bet your slate turned out so pretty. You are doing landscapes too? Wow, that seminar covers quite a variety. Hey, maybe you can discuss painting on cardstock with Anj. She's trying that on a project now. There's just no way I could keep up in a seminar like that. How many participants were there? Hope you had a good time with all the other painters.

Well, I had better go get my shower, and get dressed. The little GD is coming over at 11:00 today. I'll post pics of my rocks this week--maybe if I make a commitment like that, it will motivate me to get them done! Ha ha Take care all--and come chat often.

Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

BeBe~ feel better soon! ((hugs)) ~Anj