Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

No painting time yet

luvstocraft
17 years ago

The little shop where I work is closing. They are moving everything to a warehouse. Wow! What allot of packing. I've lost track of how many boxes I have packed now, and not even half of the store is done. Going to pack up the kitchen items today. Roosters, old utensils, cups, bowls, trays, silverware, lots of wall plaques--you name it.

The boss says he is going to take all the clothing first thing. Lots of vintage dresses, prom type gowns, shawls, blouses, etc. Then hopefully I will still have time to start on the glassware items on the other side. Lots of those too.

Looks like I will be working everyday this week. At least I can wear jeans and tennis shoes now. Getting lots of bending and lifting exercise! Ha ha

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why I have no projects to show you, and to keep in touch. I'll check back in tonight to see what you guys have posted.

Luvs

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Well, that doesn't sound like any fun. Are they giving you any "gifts" for being such a good employee? Hopefully you won't feel as sore as I do after all that bending and lifting. I did an ab workout yesterday and boy am I feeling it today BIG TIME!

Don't know if I said on another post, but I have completely lost my voice. Now everyone feels the need to whisper to me. Isn't that crazy. ha A lady at our church found out we weren't feeling well and brought us a nice supper, soup, salad, and bread. It was nice not to have to cook. 2yr old is running fever again and now my 8yr old has one too. I guess it will have to run the gambit.

I've got to get busy painting something, it's getting so dead around here again that I can't stand it. I'm almost done on the filing (close enough that I'll probably stop where I am) so maybe I can find something to lay brush to tomorrow....if I'm not taking care of sickies. ha

Well, I just wanted to say hi and chat with you for a sec. Have a nice rest of the week. Don't work too hard! I'm off to look at patterns so maybe I can decide what I want to do before tomorrow. I know I have some wooden eggs (Easter)and a wooden angel. Bye ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, Sorry to hear you have almost lost your voice. Hope the kiddos don't take too much advantage of that! Ha ha I can hear them now "Sorry, Mom, I didn't hear you say no more cookies." ;o)

My neighbor lost her voice too. She seems to get that about once a year--hangs on for awhile too.

I still have part of my cold. Seems to be worse at night. Throat a little sore and itchy, then that makes me cough. Other than that I am feeling pretty good. I am sure all the dust at work isn't helping.

I really thought our forum would be hopping now that Winter is here and people couldn't be outside in their yards. Guess everyone is still resting up from the holidays.

I should be able to cut out some pieces and work on some projects next week. Did you read my message where I said I had looked at some mags I still had on the end table and there are a couple Christmas projects I would still like to do so that I will have them for next year.

Well, I had better see what's going on with the other forums. You take your medicine and try to get some rest. Hope you will feel better soon.

Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Gosh, what a day. Had my DS home from school because he's still running fever. My 2yr old was complaining about her back tooth hurting. Duh-took me a while to figure out her ear was hurting. She's been crying on and off all afternoon with that. May have to end up at the drs before it's over.
    We are having a big snow storm. It snowed all day long and will continue all night and into tomorrow afternoon before it finally stops dumping on us. Not only that it was only about 20 degrees today and will only be 18 tomorrow! Yikes. I have my heater on 74 tonight! If our electricity goes out we are gonna be in trouble. We do have one wood stove, but no wood. Perhaps we could bum some from our neighbor. His is piled up to his roof (and leaning on our fence).
    But enough about that. What I really got on to say was that I actually got some projects started today. I was pretty excited to finally choose a few spring patterns and get started. I will let the housework go tomorrow, put in some good movies and continue with my therapy. ha
    Anyway, hope you all have a great night. DH called to say he was bringing home Chinese so I don't have to cook tonight. My mood is improving by leaps and bounds. ha Hope you can all get in a little therapy time this week too. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, I saw on the news where you were going to get hit with a blowing snow storm. Hated to hear that--I know how much you dislike the cold. Sure makes you appreciate the warm home fires doesn't it? Hope you have a couple of oil lamps and some candles in the house too for just in case. I gather that you must have electric heat--not gas. Have you ever had it go out before? Brrrr! That doesn't sound pleasant.

Our temps dropped today too--although nothing like yours, and we had some dark clouds. There will probably be snow on the mountains to the north of us.

Glad you were able to pick out some projects to work on. Nice time to paint with the wind and cold outside and you nice and cozy inside. Hope the kids get over these darn colds soon. Is your voice coming back yet? What a nice DH to pick up Chinese food so you don't have to cook tonight.

I am still packing boxes at work. Keep thinking we will eventually get to the end of it. This is nothing like any house I have ever packed up! She just has soooo much of everything. I packed lots and lots of really pretty perfume bottles, lipstick holders, brush, comb and mirror sets, figurines, decorative plates as well as lots of jewelry pieces. She has about 29 big Patty Play Pal dolls, and at least eight huge floral arrangements that we really can't pack into boxes. Will just have to load them into the truck and take them as is I guess. At least most of the heavy counters and show cases are out and moved. I'm not used to working everyday--usually just a couple days a week--so I am starting to drag. Came home and just flopped on the couch! They keep saying that I am such a good packer that I should get a job with Bekin! I am so worried about wrapping the stuff so it won't get broken during the move.

I am looking forward to some free time so I can get started painting some projects too. Have lots of ideas and surfaces, just need to get some paint on those brushes! LOL

Will chat more later. Keep warm. Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

It's just barely snowing teeny tiny flakes now and at least the sun finally peeked out. I think our furnace is gas and electric?? It has gone down before in the middle of the night, but luckily DH is mechanically inclined and was able to figure out the problem and fix it. He actually talked to a guy yesterday about getting a load of coal delivered to burn in the wood stove in case of an outage. It's like he reads my mind sometimes. ha

I did get my voice back completely today. I think I'm finally getting over this stupid cold.

I bet it is tiring and not a little boring to be packing all that stuff up. I know you'll be glad when it's all finally done. How many more days do you think it will take?

Well, I took a break to feed the chilins and now I'm going back to my painting. I'll check ya later. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anj, So glad your voice is better. Hopefully that cold bug will move on now. That is so great that your DH was concerned about having a backup heat source too. Glad to know you will be prepared just in case. We still are not done at the store--looks like about three more days worth of packing and cleanup. Will be glad when it is done--getting tired. I'd rather be painting just like you! Ha ha Can't wait to see your new projects. Have fun. Luvs