Return to the Test Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Big Thank You

Posted by MNexlurker (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 20:47

I want to Thank Everyone for all your unknown help. I first found this wonderful blog a few years ago. Than I used it as a fun relaxing way to learn what I would like in my "Totally Dream Only" Lottery Win Kitchen- I only played the Lotto a few times,so winning is/was a Fantasy.
This past year we were able to refinance and cut our mortgage in half. With only a few years left to have it paid off The DH offered to add a few years back onto the mortgage and allow me to finally update our kitchen A wish of over 20 years.From what we can figure out the last kitchen re-do was about 70 years ago.
We live in a 1910 Stucco sided 4 square. One of the previous owners took some of the kitchen space and put in a small 3/4 bathroom. Which we love having a bathroom on the main floor. But left us the owners of a super narrow galley style kitchen approximately 8 ft x24" with an additional 12x12 on one end. Doesn't sound too bad except that area has a stairway, 2 doors, a double window.
We are almost total DYI ing the kitchen,Total gut job, No structual changes, with the exception of Cabinets being made by a talented cabinet maker nephew, A small amount upgrading electrical subcontracted out. Rest DH doing with my help. We started the 26th of December and are currently at the drywall stage.

It has been uncanny how my thoughts, wishes and questions with lurking and searching the blog have been asked/ answered by so many. So THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here