SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
music_teacher

Does it ever get easier?

music_teacher
13 years ago

Everything about this situation seems impossible lately. My 10 yr old SD is with us full time now because her bm is having a difficult time dealing with a mental illness. The girl is very rude and quite spoiled. There are no consequences consistently followed through, no responsibility of any kind, and tears get her basically whatever she wants. My husband and I have been arguing quite a bit lately as the behaviour is getting out of control. She even called an aunt and told her the clothes her aunt gave her for Christmas were "hideous and she better have kept the receipt." My husband works shift work and there is a lot of time where I am on my own with her during the day or at night. He told her that if there are any problems, I will call him to find out what to do, basically taking away any credibility I might have. I'm almost at the point where I regret marrying him. This behaviour and the lack of dealing with it was not apparent until after we got married.

Is there any chance of this changing? Or am I basically in for 10 more years of this?

Comments (4)