SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

pity party

mom2emall
14 years ago

I am having one of those days. I'm annoyed with ss and his whiny behavior. He's 8 now and has to be the center of attention. My hubby was off work this weekend and ss was unbearable. Every meal was a fight with him refusing to eat and daddy cutting his food and actually feeding him. Ss sat and cried through it and the rest of us sat in silence just annoyed. We went to do some holiday shopping and ss cried in the car and through the store with daddy doting on him. We promised the kids some sledding because of all the recent snow. We were all ready to go when ss fell outside. He cried and cried. My dh went outside and ss immediately stopped. Dh walked back in a few min later and amazingly the crying began again. To which daddy asked ss if he wanted to skip sledding and stay home with him and take a bath. The other 3 kids were upset because they were looking forward to time with dh too.

I had it and let dh have it again over ss. Told him ss controls our days and moods because dh allows it. Told him we have more than one kid who wants his attention and a wife too. Told him at dinner we would like to sit near him or talk to him too. I told him we are all fed up. He tried tellingme everyone gets attention in their own way. I told him only ss gets attention. He then told me he will always defend and choose his own blood!?!

I don't even know what that means. We are not talking. After that he reemed ss out and went sledding with us all. He was really nice to the other kids. When ss started pouting while we were sledding dh let him have it. When we went to dinner after and ss tried not eating dh again layed into him and refused to speak to him until he ate his food, ss ate!!! Dh sat next to me and talked to all the kids. We got home and dh played a board game with us all. When ss cried about taking a shower dh told him he had to and sent him on his way.

I think dh realizes he was wrong but I feel I deservre an apology for his horrid remark. I am tired of ss's behavior when dh is home. And I'm sick of fighting with dh for him to put ss in his place like he finally did today.

On another note I am also sick of bm. She calls once and now middle sd is holding her cell for dear life. We went sledding and when we told her she did not need her phone she acted as if the world was ending. She is talking abbout how bm will call them on christmas like its such a big deal and bm is so great now. Funny how I am in the trenches doing all the real mom work and all this lady has to do is make one phone call in 11 months and now she's #1. And she has been giving me such an attitude since her mom called.

So that's my pitty party.

Comments (10)