SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

How to stop someone from making a mistake....

mom2emall
14 years ago

I posted about my immature 19 yr old sister recently. She had a child, put her new boyfriends name on the birth certificate, bla bla bla.

Now her and her boyfriend (whom she has only been with for like 7 months want to get married! They wanted a bigger wedding and want to do it this coming summer. My whole family thinks it is a mistake and told her that if she waited till the summer after next to get married they would help with the wedding. Everyone is telling her to wait. And her boyfriends family is telling him the same thing. They are too young and have not been together long enough! Well after a day of her crying her and her boyfriend decided they "really want to be husband and wife soon". So they are planning a cheaper wedding for this summer that they can afford themselves.

I told her she may want to wait because then she could have her dream wedding and everyones blessing. She insists that being married now is more important than her dream wedding!

I just don't know what the big hurry is to get married. They don't have jobs, and are both starting college in the winter. They live off a trust fund. I am worried that the trust will run out and then he will run. I am also afraid that my sister is planning on getting pregnant right away with him. Her baby is only 3 months old and lately she has made comments about missing being pregnant.

How do we stop this mistake? Or do we let it happen and watch her live with it and the consequences it may have?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource