SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

standing up to her

mom2emall
14 years ago

Well BM called the kids today to say Merry Christmas and that she did not get to the post office yet to mail their gifts. (Not holding our breath on actually receiving said gifts!) Well middle sd was talking to bm and started bawling and telling her mom how she does not understand any of this....her moving..her not calling for almost a year...and feels like everything is a lie. Then she just sat with the phone in the hand crying so hard that she looked like she was going to stop breathing.

At that point dh took the phone and went in the other room and spoke to his ex. Told her he did not want dd this upset on a holiday and that maybe they should talk more tomorrow. Also told her that sd is only this upset because of bm's actions. Told her that sd is no fool and knows a lie when she hears one and the whole "military relocation" lie was not believable to dd and neither was the "I could not call because I was not around a phone for 11 months" bit. He told bm she made a huge mistake by stopping contact with her children. And her moving was so hard on the girls. She responded with saying she knows she made a mistake and she is now trying to make up for it. He told her that this is not the first time she has hurt the kids like this and it is hard for them to get over. He told her that it will take lots of time and effort on her part in dealing with this and that she needs to look at it from the kids perspective. He told her that both girls think all she does is lie to them. BM began bawling on the phone and telling dh she does not know how to fix this all.

Sd later told us how her mom kept saying the military moved them. Then she started saying that they moved because they could not find work in our state (neither of them have done much besides work in fast food or retail so there are plenty of jobs here).

After sd had calmed down dh told her that bm wanted him to tell her to call bm when she felt like talking. DH asked if dd wanted to call bm back tonight. Sd said she wanted to enjoy her day and her new presents and she did not want to talk to bm today.

Part of me was happy to hear that bm was so upset and admitting to her mistakes to dh. Part of me actually felt bad for her. And then I wondered why she kept trying to lie to sd. And the rest of me wonders what is yet to come with this all.

Comments (8)