SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freshstart10_gw

New and Confused

freshstart10
14 years ago

Hi,

I was searching for some information about step-parenting and stumbled across this forum. I'm not sure how it works but I'm going to post anyway and see what happens.

My boyfriend and I have dated since we were in high school. On and off, of course, but that's what most high school relationships are like.

We dated again a few years ago in University after I had just gotten out of a long-term relationship. We agreed to keep things casual until I could figure things out so we dated other people. In that time he had a child with a woman he wasn't in a relationship with and is now the father of a 2 and and a half year old boy. He has full custody of his son.

We have finally come to the conclusion that we want to be together forever and he's even gone so far as to say that he wants to marry me.

I really had no issues coming into the role as step-mother but after reading a few posts here I'm really apprehensive.

Does anyone have any happily ever after stories or should I just expect doom and gloom? lol

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert