SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmomof3

Another day, another issue!

stepmomof3
14 years ago

Hello everyone... I have posted one other message before. I haven't given a whole lot of background and before I talk about these new issues I will get a little more specific with our situation. My husband has custody of all 3 of his children, ages 8, 7, and 5. He got full custody because of a lot of issues with the biomom, she has a neglect case against her from DHS, attempted suicide home alone with the kids, has told the kids to call their dad "bad daddy" and told them that I am a slut multiple times, needless to say she is just a very unhappy person who has failed to move on with her life so instead tries to make everyone miserable. I have been married to my husband for only 2 months but have been with him for 4 1/2 years. About a month before the wedding, she sent my husband a text saying she had and STD from him sleeping with her in the last 6 months and just thought I would like to know before I married him. Well, I'm sorry, but she lived in Chicago and I live with my husband about 5 hours away from there and believe me....he wants as little to do with her as possible. After that attempt failed and caused a lot of drama, she changed her story and said she was sorry for accusing him of giving her and STD, that it's now cancer and she has a grim prognosis. This is not the first time she has claimed he has cheated on me nor the first time she has claimed she was on her death bed. Since my husband got custody, she has never lived by herself. She free loads off of everyone and causes a lot of issues. I will admit, I have thrown fuel on the fire and let my mouth get in the way of thinking correctly from time to time. I am not a saint by any means, and have maybe said some things I even shouldn't have wasted my time on saying.

Anyway, the issue now is that she is threatening to take us back to court. She has all of her friends and family convinced she is just a woman trying to make a living (has had 8 jobs in the last 2 years) that has been wronged and stomped on by her ex so a lot of people are willing to help her and even feel sorry for her. Last night was a Christmas program at school, we had told her what time to be there and the day and everything. She showed up 45 minutes late and attempts to cause a scene by chewing out my husband in front of his family for telling her the "wrong time." She is pathologically late and irresponsible. Apparently this threw her over the edge and now she is seeking "legal advice." I know she has done so much to us over the years, but I still fear going to court. I don't know what I would do if my step children were taken away from our household. We have a family here. I know she would only get somewhere if she lied, but let me tell you....she makes up VERY good lies. It would essentially be our word against hers. I have been keeping a journal of all the major things that have happened since the custody trial, but I still feel like what if it's not enough? And on top of all that, how the hell will we come up with all the money for a good lawyer especially during the holidays? We went virtually broke paying for Christmas...which by the way she is also behind on child support. The whole situation just makes me sick. Everytime she shows her face drama follows. I JUST WANT IT ALL TO STOP! I'm so worried about things right now. Please let me know what you all think about the court situation. Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES