SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommy2eza

In desperate need of advice on letting go...

Mommy2EZA
12 years ago

Hi everyone I've never posted in here before as I guess this is my last ditch effort in order to get some advice or a point of view that can actually help me. A little backround on my situation is I married a man just about 5 years ago who has two sons (15 and 10 years old) with two different women. Both boys live with their moms but we do have them stay with us one more than the other. One ex is an ex wife and one is an ex girlfriend... by far the ex girlfriend is a lost cause and impossible to deal with. Things were fairly bearable in the beginning of our marriage and then one day bio mom to the 10 year old SS decided she couldn't handle him anymore and wanted him to live with us (he was 7 at the time) I was thrilled to have him live with us because we could give him the kind of upbringing his mom couldn't and things were actually great for the first half of the year that he lived with us and one day it all turned into a living nightmare...Long story short, $15,000 later and a lost custody battle SS went back to live with his mom because she changed her mind...This is were I've had major issues with not only this SS but the other one as well. I dread...Majorly dread either one of them coming to stay with us. SS10 stays with us every other weekend, most of his school breaks and 6 weeks in the summer (since going back to live with his mom our relationship has become nothing (it once was 'I love you's, hugs, kisses, laughter), we both can't stand each other and it's obvious. SS15 I feel like he's just some random teenager that stays here maybe a month out of the whole year (broken up) no relationship just small talk and I make him food and do his laundry when he's here. My husbands relationship with both of these boys is horrible especially if I compare it to his relationship with our son we have together... With my SS it is a very forced relationship and with our little boy it is so loving and natural. He feels obligated to them and really only sees the younger one more because he's afraid his ex will take him back to court for more $ (which that in of itself is a whole other issue... who really needs more than a grand a month for one child??) Anyways if anybody is still reading this I appreciate you, I have so much resentment, anxiety and ill feelings surrounding the situation as a whole and I wish I could just accept things as they are and let this all go. I honestly obssess and have let the situation with my SS's over take my life. I get so stressed when they are here that just yesterday I went into pre-term labor (I'm 8 months pregnant) but it also doesn't help when my husband leaves me to be here with all the kids by myself while he works 15 hours a day. Again another issue for another day! If anyone has any advice or helpful guidence I would be more than happy to receive it... I hope I don't come across to brash but I'm at my wits end, I've felt prisoner to these feelings way too long.

Comments (4)