SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Barf

lovehadley
13 years ago

I found this card at the bottom of SS's backpack. I guess BM had stuck it in there yesterday; he'd already opened it b/c the photo card (pic of him and his sisters) was already out and the envelope all ripped.

First of all, the envelope itself said, in all caps:

MOMMY HEARTS YOU SO MUCH + MORE x INFINITY!!!!

The card says this and I did not change one capital letter or exclamation point:

Mommy loves you SOO much! I can't WAIT to see you on Christmas Day! Have a good rest of the week with Daddy! Put this picture on the wall in your room at Daddy's! I love you with all of my heart! Call me whenever you can, I will miss you SOO much! Wish we could be together on Christmas Eve! Call me! Smooches, SS! LOVE YOU!

Then she wrote down her damn number, as though any of us could ever forget!

So bizarre. It's as though she's never been away from him before. As if he is not at our house half the time.

She is just so...so...I don't even know. SMOTHERING. She smothers this child, she really does.

Those of you with eight/nine/ten year old boys....do you write these sort of things?

I appreciate the sentiment of parental love but wouldn't a card saying:"I love you so much and can't wait to see you on Christmas" suffice?

She does this every time we go anywhere---cards for him to open each day, letters, yada yada, all this same sappy, borderline suffocating stuff. THIS is how she is on the phone, too.

I think it's funny as all get out that the card was crumpled in the bottom of his backpack, not on his wall as she'd said. He really is starting to get annoyed by her; I hear him on the phone with her sometimes as she is saying her billionth 'I love you' and making kissing sounds, and he is like, 'Bye mom...' Then she jabbers some more. 'Bye mom...." More jabbering. 'Bye mom!'

Comments (12)