SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juba_mom

SD growing up need help 1st post

juba_mom
14 years ago

Hi, I have been with my husband sense I was 18 and his daughter 4. It is now 7 years later. I will start at the beginning. When I first started coming around we did everything by the book, introduced me slow after we had been dating for a while, only as dads friend just, came around to play with her. We started off great. She loved me and I as well loved her. She even asked me to marry her dad so i Could be her stepmom. After BM found out how much SD liked me she got really jealous and tried to break it up. It didnt work but she sure tried.

Bm lost custody for about a year and a half and I was with SD all day everyday and we really bonded at that time. We still had issues but it was for the most part it was perfect. She would say things like I wish dad, Mom, you, and me could all live together.

After mom got 50/50 custody things were still pretty good up until about a year and half ago. I dont really know what happened but she started pulling away from me. And only getting worse. I dont know if it is her age or if mom is trying to hurt us again? SD is now 11. She constantly says things that her BM does better. she lies and tells BM that i did things that i didnt do to get BM mad at me. Its nothing major just like I yelled at her for no reason or I wouldnt let her call her BM or little trival stuff like that. Anyways i am scared of losing her for good because of all this drama. I am very patient with her. I have never said a bad word about BM. I talk to her about the problems and she seems like she understands but then tries again. She stopped including in her drawings of family or making items for her parents (This hurt me the most). Any advice. Do they ever stop trying to get mom and dad back together and what should i do to help our relationship. My husband says if I just keep doing the way i always have that she will come back around. But I am not sure.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction