SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Just what I needed; A lil FB DRAMA before Christmas!

imamommy
12 years ago

I need to rant ladies, so please bear with me today. I am trying not to let this bring me down so I wanna get it off my chest so I can move forward.

The other day, I used the FB app "status shuffle" to update my status. I thought it was cute and used it... I have three kids & a husband so it kinda fit. I didn't even include DGS as one of my "loves" though he is. But, I did mention him in my first comment.

My relationship with SIL is pretty nonexistent. I have never sat and had a conversation with her, she rarely goes to family events and they have not seen SD in at least a year, except one afternoon in September for less than two hours. So, I really don't understand the purpose of what I felt is her confronting me when she has no idea what the situation is with SD, nor is she interested in talking to me to find out. She just launches these attacks on FB. I would love to delete her but that would probably start more crap... though I'm getting close to calling her up to tell her what I really think but that will definitely result in a family ruckus. Grrrr... I am trying so hard to keep things peaceful for DH (and for me). I don't have to associate with them throughout the year. BIL is constantly telling DH how he never spends time with him now that he moved way over here with me... blah blah blah. I've invited them over numerous times, they decline. DH is free to hang out there but he does not want to... and when BIL makes him feel guilty, he will go which is about once a year. It's just stupid.

THIS IS THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION VERBATIM:

Ima: I have 4 loves in my life: 3 call me mommy and another calls me Babe (via status shuffle)

Comments:

Ima: & DGS2 has 3 names for me.

SIL: What SD12 is not one of your loves? Lol.

Ima: I feel bad for her situation...

SIL: Still you don't live her..

SIL: Love her*

Ima: She hasn't spoken more than 8 words a week to me in months... like I said, I feel bad for her but I love those that love me back.

BIL: I feel sorry for cuz you are missing out on a great girl when people LET her talk! Send her this way she talks to me. I don't get to see her much anyways!

Ima: She's out for Christmas break next week. Talk to DH, I think he is leaving her home alone all week but if you want to see her, maybe he can drop her off with you guys. I'm sure she would love that too.

Then I got home from DGS's Christmas pageant & DH tells me his brother had called him to talk about what I wrote. I told my DH that I don't undestand why they are trying to start this crap a week before Christmas and that them expecting me to LOVE SD is like anyone expecting him to LOVE my kids, especially my sons that aren't always nice to him. He agreed and said he told his brother the same thing already. I'm a little irritated that he didn't just tell them to mind their own business. They've seen SD all of two hours in the last YEAR! That was only because SIL wrote a smartass comment on my FB wall back in September & BIL said the same thing... bring her on over cuz we love her. So, when DH & I went to Yosemite & BM was going to drop off SD from her weekend (she was visiting family & would be passing through on her way home) I suggested he have BM drop SD off at BIL's house until we got back. As soon as BM dropped her off, we got a call from BIL to let us know we can come pick her up. She was there less than two hours.

I don't get what her problem with me is. Before DH met me, SHE was the family scapegoat. When I met DH, she had been married to bIL for about 9 years. MIL & FIL were constantly saying negative, nasty things about her. Well, now their attention has shifted to me because SD tells them how mean I am so I am the scapegoat now. You'd think maybe SIL would sympathize since she knows how that family operates better than I do... and they pitted against her for years. I always thought she stayed because she has a son with BIL... I would never take being treated the way they treated her. Jeez!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.... ugh!!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida