Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Speaking of safety, Lovehadley's post reminded me of something...

Posted by sylviatexas (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 23, 10 at 17:19

She said that she was given this advice by a police detective:

"if someone threatens you, believe them;
take their threats at face value;
don't analyze or think about what YOU would do if you were them;
BELIEVE THEM and protect yourself accordingly."

It reminded me of something that happened back in about the mid-1970's.

A friend of mine from work bought a house from the City of Dallas for $1 (the program was an attempt to reclaim some troubled neighborhoods), with the stipulation that she fix it up.

One night, she awoke to see a man silhouetted in her picture window by the light of the (thank goodness) full moon.

She screeched & he ran off & she called the police...
who told her that she should be careful, but they couldn't find evidence of a crime & they doubted that they'd ever find out who it was.

They advised her to go to one of the neighborhood "storefront" police stations & get some help to make things more secure.

She went the very next day...
& was offered the loan of an etching pen to put her driver's license on her valuables.

to which she replied,
"Well, I guess I'd better put my driver's license on my @$$, because that's what that guy was after."

Be careful, be alert, & be suspicious, ladies (but don't try to etch your driver's license number on your hinies).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Speaking of safety, Lovehadley's post reminded me of somethin

bumping down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here