SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmomof3

Newly married, still won't quit

stepmomof3
14 years ago

Hi everyone, I have used a step family forum before and unfortunately was treated very poorly. I am hoping for a little more success with this one and not feeling like I am alone in this battle! I have been married to my husband for 2 months. We have been together for 4 years. He has 3 children, and he has custody of all 3 of them. Their mother has visitation rights on weekends and wednesdays, but she opted out of wednesdays. She is a piece of work...to make a very long story short, she bounces from job to job to avoid paying child support and has not lived on her own since their divorce. She has spent some time living with her mom, then moved in with her brother and his new wife until they kicked her out (for whatever reason) moved in with a friend, and now is back at her mom's. The kids really do love her but they struggle with her behavior. She has told them not to love me, I am bad, yadda yadda yadda, I am sure this sounds familiar to many. Two months before the wedding, she even tried to tell me she has test results of and STD from my husband from when he "slept with her" last year! My husband can NOT stand her, and I knew it was just a last ditch attempt at stopping the wedding. After we were married, I figured she would just feel like it was a lost cause, but NO she has gotten worse. She is constantly calling, texting, emailing, sending letters, being rude in every sense of the word, and blames it all on us. She is totally delusional and thinks my husband is stalking her! We have a very nice family life with his children and good home dynamics for the most part (being a mixed family), but when their mother calls it's like all hell breaks loose. She spends more time bothering them about their dad and myself than she does spending quality time asking about their day and such. I am so frustrated with her and very tired of hearing her stupid remarks. We even changed our cell phone numbers thinking if she only could call the house that she wouldn't call as often. The first day she had our home phone number, we came back and there were 2 lengthy rude messages on our answering machine. I am at my wits end! I don't know what will make this woman stop bothering us! She has never moved on and claims she will unconditionally love my husband forever, but goes back and forth between saying that and saying she hates him. I just feel like it will never stop. I try not to let it run my life, but it gets to me more than I would like to admit.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals