SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnie_garcia_gw

What do you guys think?

bonnie.garcia
13 years ago

Can I get some advice?

I am the oldest of 3 and none of my siblings nor I have children. Needless to say, my parents are not yet grandparents.

Well, when my BF's daughter came into my life my mother embraced her, she fell in love. She is always asking me if I am going to bring her to visit her, what she can buy her for her bday/xmas/valentines/etc., and if she will be spending xmas with us. At first I struggled with this and would fight my BF and ensuring his daughter had an active role in my family's life, especially since we had planned on getting married

Well, this was before I moved out and we broke up for two months. Now that I have had time to reflect and we decided to move foward with our relationship, I don't think I need to worry about her involvement with my family. I even told my mom not to request those things that I listed above anymore. I no longer worry about her involvement in my family. This doesn't mean I don't want her around. I am just no longer upset or fazed if she doesn't. I see that she is not mine and she should spend her holiday's with her immediate family. If she ever feels like going with me than I would be more than happy to have her. But I no longer make it a point to make her a big part of my side of the family.

Is this bad? Am I giving up too easily? I don't think so...I feel less stressed out to be honest.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County