SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlettuce

With the holidays soon approaching...

catlettuce
14 years ago

And most likely not be able to travel south due to my surgery recovery and physical therapy schedule for the next month, I am becoming anxious about the sure to ensue holiday drama.

I'd like to remain checked out of the whole deal, but DH is starting to question "What's the plan for Christmas?"

I completely understand he wants to be with his children and GS for Christmas and I'm totally okay with that. However I do not. I no longer have any relationship with any of them and don't want to be pushed to participate in the fake happy family christmas. I know, I have a poor attitude.

My mother suggests I offer to DH to have his kids/Gs over to our temp home here for a dinner/open presents evening, suck it up and deal for one evening. I'm not willing to go over to our home that SS is living in and most people that know our situation feel that's reasonable. I'm sure DH will not however.

Given all the negative history and such do you think that the offer of hosting a Christmas eve get together is enough, fair, right? Honestly I'm not feeling it at all. They would only come because they would be receiving gifts. I really do not want to spend any time with any of them. But I can deal with it for one evening to make DH happy.

Is this a reasonable accomadation for my DH?

~Cat

Comments (33)