SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steplady_gw

Frustrated

steplady
13 years ago

Hi...I am new here. I am engaged to a single father of 2 kids (we've been together for going on 4 years). During the time we have been together, he has pretty much been the main provider and caretaker of his children. His ex-wife is extremely unstable and we(and our family therapist as well) believes there is some mental illness going on with her. There are so many issues I could be here for days and no one would believe 80% of the antics because they are really that bizarre.

We live together and the children are with us during the school week and several weekends a month. I drive the children to school everyday and I volunteered as a favor to their father. For the past couple of weeks after I drop them off, the son (7) always says Bye *StepLady* and the older girl(11) says nothing. She has done this in the past (including saying goodnight to him, her brother, and my dog but not me) and I have complained to her father and he spoke with her, but she has started again. I know she harbors resentment against me and her father due to her mother's brainwashing. However, even though that's not her fault, I really detest rudeness and disrespect and because of stunts like this along with a number of other things, am I wrong for not wanting to take her to school anymore? She has events that are coming up that her mom won't take her to and her dad has to work and I am the only one to do it, but I really don't want to.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor