SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobin101080

Going Further Apart

bobin101080
11 years ago

Hi All,

So my dad left my mom on valentines day in 2007 right before their 30th wedding anniversary. My mom was crushed even though the marriage was not really great for years. My parents got a cabin and my dad was always gone and mom rarely went. Well during the divorce my dad brought a new woman into the house and she was ok for a while. They got married 3 days after the divorce papers were signed. I wa 26 at the time andmy sister 29. Since then the four kids my step mom has, have been their whole life. My sister and I faded into oblivion along with the grandkids that dearly loved their grandfather, for a time. Now they want nothing to do with him. He lives a mile from me and literally a block from my sister and we NEVER see or hear from him. We also discovered pictures of my dad at the cabin with this woman and her kids in a family type picture. The issue is that these pics were taken years before my dad left my mom. So he basically had another family behin our backs and cheated on all of us. My mom lives 2 hrs from us and we see her maybe once a year when we can all afford to visit for a few days, usually around the holidays. So this year we have been hearing less and less from our dad and it really hurts us even though we are grown. We got thrown away too. My sister and I don't even try anymore. How do we handle this? I hate feeling torn between this.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths