SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Christmas Eve disappointment with skids

lamom
15 years ago

Hi,

I have planned a nice Christmas Eve dinner mostly to accomodate my adult skids and their schedule. Every year they have conflicts with other family events on Christmas although usually they eventually make it to our home late Christmas evening. So, this year, I planned the gathering for Christmas Eve instead.

Now, SS29 is saying that his girlfriend is taking the kids out of town to see her family and wants him to go with them. He is saying that he wants to work on Christmas Eve except he doesn't have a job so help me understand. Last years story was that they were all sick but could we come over the next day to bring their presents.

So now that I have planed our gathering, put a deposit down for a catered dinner, bought a mountain of gifts for SS29's kids, none of them are going to show.

As I have shared before, my DS6 has cancer and without being dramatic, this is a particularly special Christmas. DS6 is having having his third surgery tomorrow but is excited about seeing his big brother and nephews on Christmas Eve.

How do I not have hard feelings about this?

Comments (39)