SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teaforeverybody

gift equality

Teaforeverybody
10 years ago

Another question about my husband's family - specifically his father and stepmom (my husband is an adult stepson who has younger sisters - technically half sisters but that's not how we view them).

So, things with that branch of my in laws have improved and we spend time together, when they are able to. They are extremely busy and don't often include their son in things, but it has improved for sure.

My question is about gift giving. They pay full tuition for both daughters' college and gave a new car to them each. My husband rode the city bus in high school, drives an old car that needs a LOT of repairs, and his dad paid for 1/3 of his education. I know I cannot do anything about it, but the inequality in their gifts to the obviously preffered daughters is so grating to me. It makes me resent them. Even though things have improved.

I would never have expected a car, it is that now that that is part of the equation for husband's sisters...I am wondering about how they treat him. ....which seems second-rate compared to their daughters.

Comments (10)