SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfwmom_gw

Can I complain for a minute or two?

DFWmom
11 years ago

The kids were informed from step mom that they are not getting anything from their father for Christmas because they already have a mother that buys them everything they want.

REALLY? I ask my kids every year for a list of things they would like and I try my best to get them a few of those things but they are not spoiled. I don�t overspend on Christmas and they are very gracious for the things they receive. Stepmom says it wouldn�t be fair to her son if my kids receive gifts from bio dad because my kids already get things at home. (Bio dad is not the father to her son). Last year my daughter took a picture of bio dad & stepmoms Christmas tree and there were TOWERS of gifts stacked around the tree all for step moms son. Imagine how a child feels to be in their own fathers home and to be left out like this.

Honestly, I think it all comes down to the money. Bio dad is not allowed to spend a DIME on his kids. NOTHING. His child support is automatically deducted and sent to me and she thinks that is enough. He can�t buy birthday gifts, Christmas, clothes, shoes, HELL I�m surprised that they feed the kids when they are with him!

The funny thing is I only ask him to pay HALF of SOME of the extra things that come up sometimes. It might be a school trip or a special course/class or sports fees. Guess what? Most of the time He DOESN�T pay. Not to mention that he�s supposed to provide medical insurance and he doesn�t do that. I have to so most of his child support is going towards that!

I guess since she sees that I have a nice home, we drive nice cars, take trips, etc that she thinks that bio dad is already contributing too much money but fails to see that DH & I go to work EVERYDAY to have these things. And guess what, we would still have these things even if I didn�t get a DIME from bio dad because we have JOBS. I�m also careful about how I spend our money.

I�m just sick of it all really. He confided in me that he fights with his wife about this issue a lot yet, he�s not doing anything to change it. My kids don�t even want to spend EOW weekend at their house. If I don�t send them over there, she WINS! That�s what she wants anyways so she might as well SAY IT!

Sorry for the long rant but I have been fuming thinking about this and needed to get it out.

Comment (1)