SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justthroughwithitall

Stepmother to adult children

I raised two children of my husband from the time they were 6 and 8. They are both now adults. My husband and a member of his family had a horrible falling out and are not speaking to one another now. I have been told this person does not consider me a part of the family and had contacted both of my stepchildren.

My stepdaughter and I were very close and have been for 21 years. Her mother abandoned both of my husband's children. I believe that this relative is fanning the flames. She has now said I am a liar and many other horrible things. She has dis-owned her father because he will not ditch me and has told her that if I am not included in any invitations, he will not be attending.

I think this woman is getting ready to have a breakdown. It's very unusual behavior for even her. Are we supposed to just wait until she falls apart. She's recently been married and has kept her husband out of any discussions because I don't think she wants him to see how she has contributed to the dysfunction in the family.

I have just given up. What to do????

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz