SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naenae75_gw

17 year old stepdaughter wants an abortion

naenae75
15 years ago

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum but not new to being a stepmother. I've been married to my husband for 14 years in January. We have 2 children together and my stepdaughter. I've been around since she was almost 2 and it's been rocky most of the time. This past year, however, has been fairly good. Without going into a ton of detail that would take a while to surf through, I'll try to make a long story short. Let me start by saying she has absolutely NO rules at home or should I say she had ONE.... about a month ago, maybe a little longer, she sent me a text message that she was pregnant. I was not totally shocked but it hit me differently that I figured and we began to plan how she was gonna tell her Nana and Daddy. I felt so bad not coming out and telling him but felt it was her place to tell him and she finally did a few days later. After the initial shock we began to plan her future according to the baby. She is scheduled to graduate high school early this month and planned to start college classes in January. She was upset thinking that she couldn't do it and I reassured her that she could and had to.....and asked what her mom thought as we do not have an open line of communication....and she said that she was upset but all she said was you know I never had rules for you and all I asked is that you don't get pregnant....I just thought you would make something of yourself. Well, I told her that we would make sure that she still would. So....on to last week.....we had gotten a few things for her for Christmas but I hadn't really asked her what she wanted and so I did.....she replied with, an abortion! I was floored! I did everything but yell and throw a fit. I let her know that it was wrong.....that there were other ways...that we would help and do everything for this baby as if it were our own....... I then saw soooo much of her mother in her...it was so different than she normally is. We have BEGGED and pleaded with her, until today which is the day that she is scheduled for it....no one in our family has spoken to her. She is not at school so we know that she at least is there.....whether she goes through with it or not, I don't know. I have a STRONG feeling that she will. My problem now is, how do I still deal with her having VERY hard feelings against her. I don't want to......I just can't help it. I feel so bad about feeling this way because I love my husband soooo much.

PLEASE HELP......

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer