SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Christmas Drama

mom2emall
13 years ago

So BM called me the other day and said she had gifts for the kids and no car. She asked if we could pick them up. So today I went to go get the gifts. The kdis were all relaxing at home and didnt feel like going with. So I went to get the gifts and when I got there bm's bf's vehicle was in the driveway!

I got the gifts and came home. Gave them to the kids. SS's gifts were things he likes and the girls gifts were not really their kind of stuff. But I know it is the thought that counts. I told the kids to call bm and say thanks. SS did and talked to her for a bit, but when he went to pass the phone off to oldest sd she said she didn't feel like talking to bm. Younger sd followed her lead and said she had nothing to say. Both girls did tell ss to tell her thanks for the gifts though. So they were polite in that way.

I have to say I can not blame them. BM can't disappear and then reappear at her convenience and expect the kids to keep just letting her back into their lives. Part of me feels a little bad though because I am sure this was a big slap in the face to bm. The other part of me knows she deserves it and should feel bad for how much she has hurt her kids. I doubt it will make a difference though. I'm sure she is going through the poor me phase today and can't see past herself and understand why the girls felt that way.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz