SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattie_gt

Didn't see this one coming

mattie_gt
13 years ago

I'm feeling a bit unhappy right now, actually more than a bit. So - DH withheld Christmas visitation, mainly because of SS's (alleged) fears and concerns about how his mother would treat him (and because we knew how his "Christmas" would be). But, the attorney said that this could only be a one-time thing, and that DH had to offer make-up time - which he did, he offered this weekend.

So. BM called DH today and asked what was going on, and asked him (DH) to ask SS if he even wanted to come. DH told me that BM did not sound particularly enthusiastic about the prospect, so we're thinking that this is all great - SS will say no, he's set for another two weeks, all is good. DH said he'd ask SS and BM said to make sure to tell him that she had no money, and they were going to go nowhere and do nothing for the weekend. So this is all going to be good; she can cancel at SS's request, we're happy, she's happy, everything's spiffy.

Except - SS said he wanted to go. We are almost positive that SS thinks he is going to get Christmas presents and that is why he wants to go. I am seriously unhappy; he's spent months telling us, telling his counselor, telling everyone that BM is mean, that she screams at him, that she spanks him, that he's afraid of her - but now all of the sudden she's not so bad? I'm pretty disgusted, actually. I realize he's only eight but still....if he is letting greed override his common sense we're in for a world of trouble.

DH says when SS returns he's going to have a serious chat with him. We're both fearing that he's been, to some extent, playing the whole situation. I'm especially unhappy because I work from home, I got almost nothing done this week because SS kept interrupting me under the guise of being "worried about having to go to his mom's" - and apparently the only thing he's been worried about is getting more toys.

I don't even know what to think right now.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler