SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mediator3

xmas daughter and partner nightmare

mediator3
15 years ago

Hi' I really would appreciate some input with this problem which is tearing me apart.

My daughter,(21yrs) and partner do not get on at all. My daughter is known to friends and family as a complex character, she tends to rub people up thewrong way and can be quite verbally aggressive but I love her with all my heart!

My partner of 5 years and I have just bought our dream home together and my daughter stated that she was staying at a friends for xmas but has just phoned to say she is coming to stay with me for 10 days. My partner is utterly dreading this and to be honest so am I as they really don't get on. He finds it hard to stay in the same room as her. A few day's would have been fine but 10 is a killer!

My partner feels this way as he has seen me get hurt badly,(emotionally) in the past. I feel that xmas will bring everything to a head and I really can't choose between them. I love them both. Much of my pain comes from my daughter telling me that she wouldnt help me out financially when she inherited a VAST amount of money from her father. It's taken every bit of my strength to work through this but she is my daughter and she means more to me than all the material things in the world.But I need love and have found great happiness with this man and I don't want to lose it. Than for reading this

Comments (34)