SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m_franks

Adult Stepdaughter Problems

m_franks
14 years ago

I read many postings in the forums here, but my problem is different. I'm not 18 or 10 or even a year into the relationship. My relationship is only 9 months old. We are not even living together. His daughter, 24, came from Canada to enjoy the warmth of Egypt after her graduation from college. With the very long trip, her stay lasted for 3 months. Of hell of course. She started off very nice, but then made a public invitation to all her friends to come visit her in Egypt. All of a sudden the house was filled with 6 adult children who turned our life into complete chaos.

My boyfriend, her father, divorced her mother 7 years ago and went into a relationship, and eventually a marriage, with another woman who made him cut all relationship with his children. The daughter is very bitter but why should I be paying for this?

I was very nice to her all the time she spent here. Even her father says that I was nice to her in three months than his previous wife had been for 6 years. But she was nothing but rude.

The problem is she just graduated and has no job in Canada. She thinks she can very easily find a job in Egypt. A big lie of course. She is coming back after Christmas. He is making all sorts of excuses to let he come back although he promised after she left to talk to her because our relationship needs time and attention. He even said something as silly as I can't afford the penalty on her tickets. I offered to pay the penalty.

What can I do? I'm so tired. Can you please help?

Comments (17)