Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet paper-two rolls a day?

Posted by parent_of_one (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 20, 10 at 12:41

It is not a problem by no means but I am puzzled. We have 3 bathrooms, two of them are used on a daily basis.

Since SD is home for the holidays i have been replacing two toilet rolls daily, which is a roll per bathroom. Those are big fat rolls not tiny ones, double paper, what have you.

I am not entirely sure what is going on because I have never noticed it before. We do have tissue boxes everywhere so no way she uses paper to blow her nose, but what else. Unless she has a heavy diarrhea (which i don't think so but maybe?)what is going on with toilet paper? Two rolls a day? I stock up for the holidays but i am running out of toilet paper and she is not even home all day, neither are we. LOL

is anyone else having the same issue? It is just funny. Not like we have 10 people here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet paper-two rolls a day?

Nope. What I'm having a problem with is when they run out they do not replace the roll. Even though a spare is on the back of the toilet. And, there was a GIANT wad on the counter yesterday. I'm not sure if it was used, or what...

Also, the shower is not turned entirely off so I've had to go in and stop the dripping every time SM gets out of the bath.

It's amazing to me that my DD has better bathroom manners than a 45 year old woman.

o

Well replacing toilet paper is too much to ask...LOL Nobody is replacing anything here either. At least SM is not using two rolls a day (knowing how much she eats I'd think she would, or maybe she is constipated from all that food haha)

Wow, I always thought your SM is elderly or at least is getting there, but she is my age. Ha, her behavior sounds more like a young child or like a very old lady. LOL

o

Nope. She's not old, she's just old enough to know better.

Try stocking the bathroom with one ply....(tee-hee)

o

I have the same problem... SD goes through tissue (she wastes a lot of tissue to blow her nose plus a lot of toilet paper & when she runs out, she doesn't tell us. She will go days without telling us when she runs out of soap, shampoo & TP) I guess she does her business & shower without, yuck! She puts her dirty toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it & often doesn't even flush the toilet.

o

Ummm, are they going into suitcases?

o

No, I doubt it, SD lives out of state and flies, so nothing extra can fit into her suitcase. lol In the past when she lived two hours away, yes everything went to her place including toilet paper. To be honest with you I hid a lot of stuff this time in my closet so she can't really take much. I am not mean, just had bad experiences with SD. She is much better this visit actually.

silvers, with one ply i would have to replace rolls every 2 hours LOL

o

LOL! Maybe she is stuffing her bra?

"She puts her dirty toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it & often doesn't even flush the toilet." Ima, that's so gross!

Ha ha, I have the answer! The toilet paper from Parent Of One's is appearing in Ima's trash and on Silver's counter! It is like socks or wire clothes hangers; they are using that mysterious portal to move from house to house.

o

My 20 something old sister uses insane amounts of toilet paper. INSANE. She used to come and stay with me for a week during the summers and would constantly clog up my toilets. She has been lectured by me and my parents.

We have no idea either...lol

o

This is a funny thread! LOL.

"The toilet paper from Parent Of One's is appearing in Ima's trash and on Silver's counter! It is like socks or wire clothes hangers; they are using that mysterious portal to move from house to house."

o

LMAO! That makes perfect sense since SM DENIES knowing how things happen (appliance left on... and she is the only one who uses it??) "wasn't me"!!

o

I'd ask;
if she's got that much tummy trouble or female trouble, somebody needs to know.

o

I have no clue for you but I want to know the answer when you find one but I have issues with DD and DH not replacing the toilet paper!!! My DD uses a ton of tp and it drives me nuts. I am not sure how much we use in a day, I need to pay attention. Lol we learn something new each day don't we?

o

i notice that our toliet paper was going fast. then one day dh caught ss leaving the house with toliet paper and he asked ss where he was going with it. he told dh he was taking it to bio mom because she was getting low. dh had a talk with him and our toliet paper stopped disappearing. however over the years items of mine have disappeared mostly my kitchen items. to this day i wonder how bio mom enjoyed my things.

o

well we came back from visiting older Sd and younger Sd was staying at our house for few days.

I don't know about toilet paper (it appears that she used a lot but am not sure) but she did not clean after our cat, she fed her but did not clean her litter box the way she was told. Litter was full of poop and basement stinks.

she also dug up in my clothes, i don't know if she took any but my summer clothes that I put in the basement in a big container (my closet is too small) was all over the place. She probably took something.

her total lack of responsibility and maturity is just puzzling to me.

o

Considering how you've complained before of SD playing fast and loose with your stuff, I am astounded you were willing to leave her alone in your house for a few days, cat or no cat. Hiring a pet sitter would surely have given you more peace of mind.

o

I agree coleenoz.

BM lives few blocks away and from us original plan was she stays at moms, just comes here to check on a cat. Especially since it is holidays and she does not see much of her mother it is logical that she visits her mother. But she does not like to stay at moms though because it is filthy there and both mom and her BF are nutsg, so she stayed here. SO said she can only stay if she keeps the house clean.

I have to say she didn't trash the house like she did in the past, the house stayed clean but still she did not do what she was supposed to do: didn't clean the litter and looked for something in my stuff.

Even if she takes nothing, it is annoying she goes through it. Every time it happens she says she thought it is older SD's. Older SD is married and lives out of state for over 8 years, she can't possibly have her clothes in our house! And my clothes certainly cannot look like SD's. I am short and small frame, SD is tall and big bones. Just for comparison I wear 6.5 size shoes and SD wears 9.5. I am in mid 40s and she is is late 20s. You can guess we cannot wear the same style or size clothes.

Oh well, i am glad she did not trash the house. last summer she stayed in our house for few days, SO was on a business trip and I went to see my DD, when i came back the house was trashed so bad that it took me a week to clean it. I told SO and he had long conversation about it with SD, so this time she improved. I just think at 22 one should be more responsible.

My DD is also messy, but she does not touch anyone's stuff and certainly takes care of the pets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here