SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmonster10

First year as a stepmom is terrible

stepmonster10
13 years ago

Need help and advice. My husband and I have been married for 8 months. I have 2 SD. 15 and 12. They do not care for stepmom very much. The oldest SD has not been over to see us since May. When she was over in May she was very rude to me. BM would call SD and tell her to tell me and her dad to do this and to do that. We HAD to take her to do this and to do that. Well me being the bad stepmom told her we were not gonna do that anymore. Not gonna play those games anymore. I told her that if she was going to come to visit we are going to do what we have planned not BM. My husband bought me a new car and oldest SD through a little temper tantrum and told me that is the kind of car her mom wants. Well oldest SD hasnt been back. She has been ugly to her dad as well. Not talking to him when she sees him at youngest SD games. Not a call on Fathers Day or his Bday either which upset him. Well now that it is Christmas soon she has been talking to him again. We had talked about it had decided that if she game back she would have to apologize for the things she has done and said. Dad agreed but now he is letting her come over and not going to make her apologize to me or my daughter. I just feel like an outsider and dont know what to do. I have tried everything to get the SD's to like me.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm