SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finedreams

would you tell SKs?-sorry long...

finedreams
14 years ago

I kind of know the answer but wonder if I am correct...

First of all everybody happy holidays, merry Christmas, happy new year! My DD is home from college so it is nice!

Now to my question...I am currently separated from my SO, pretty much lack of commitment on his part. When I have met him I was 40, I will be 44 in February. he has no inetntions to marry, he said maybe in 4-5 years. LOL And even that is maybe. I will be 50 then.

We are not engaged and he is no rush with that either. Not like I must be married, no, I can stay single, not a big deal but I cannot continue being in a relationship with lack of commitment. And by lack of commitment I mean some other things he did that proved that lack of commitment.

Since I have left he came up wiht some ideas how to get me back, but those attempts are so embarassing. These plans do not involve engagement, marriage or anything else even remotelly appropriate (it would involve me being in financial disadvantage and very limited rights). Living in his house, paying my share (not small share)of the bills and paying for upkeep of the house (not cheap), for unknown period of time maybe 4-5 years when he maybe decides to marry or maybe he will never decide, but not having my name on any utility bills, or even leaving any paper trail of me paying him part of the bills(in case it doesn't work out and I want to claim to be a common law wife). Nice. And that's what he called: he made a commitment. LOL

in any case his DDs are very upset especially the older one. he told them that we are currently taking time apart but obviously didn't tell them why.

Older DD was emailing me and expressing her sadness and wish for ALL of us to be a family and hopefully I and her dad can work out our differences. I was very tempted to tell her that being a family is not something your father is planning on doing, any time soon or ever. I am very tempted to tell her what the issue is (in a nice terms, like telling her that your father would nto make a commitment and i am getting too old to live this way). I know it is not something I should do but I feel like telling her.

so question is pretty much how inappropriate and mean woudl be to tell his kids since they do ask...I frankly feel rather mean right now...hahaha

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022