SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Christmas

imamommy
12 years ago

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Well, it's over & I survived. My week was spent helping my sister put together a wedding on Christmas Eve which turned out nice... had great weather & about 60 people showed up. DH had to work on the car so he didn't go to the wedding. He took SD with him to the shop to work on the car so I didn't have to deal with her & was able to enjoy the day with my family.

On Christmas Eve night, DH got home after the wedding was over & asked about dinner. I had eaten at the wedding so he was going to take SD to get a burger. Then BIL called to ask why he wasn't at his parents... they were there. I guess nobody told him about it & he said he wasn't going. Then I told him I had a little bit of last minute shopping to do so he decided to go ahead & take SD over. (I wondered for a second if he only went because I couldn't... like I wasn't invited) But, I let that thought pass through because it didn't matter, I was busy & really didn't want to go. When he got back, he told me how he realized his OCD is nothing compared to his mom... she went nuts because FIL burnt a pizza & got pizza sauce inside her self cleaning oven & she didn't know how to deal with it. LMAO~ it was an eye opener for DH because he goes off on some crazy tangents sometimes & he told me now he knows where he gets it... like it was not known. lol

Christmas morning with DGS was great. SD quietly opened her presents & acted excited... I don't know if she was all that excited but she was more or less pleasant. I felt a little bad that she didn't get much. (I was tempted to get her more when I was out on Christmas Eve but stayed firm) When she opened the MP3 player DH got her, she asked if it was a phone & he said no... she seemed disappointed. She got the most excited when she opened a box of chocolates I gave her. It was a HUGE Whitman's Sampler. After that, I made breakfast & she sat eating with her hand on the side of her head so as to put up a wall between her & everyone else. DH spent all morning loading music into the MP3 for her. I was planning to go see my mom (she went back into the hospital again) while DH was going to his parents. As I was about to leave, DIL called & said she wanted to see DGS but only for a couple of hours. So, I rearranged the plan so I would go with DH to his parents until DIL was done visiting DGS & then I would take DGS & go see my mom. My mom wanted to see DGS so that worked out. Then I thought if BM/Grandma could pick up SD half an hour earlier, DH could go with me because it would be about the same time DIL would be giving DGS back. DH asked but they said no... which is kinda annoying to me since BM was supposed to get SD at 5pm but DH agreed to 4pm after she repeatedly asked if she can get her earlier... but when he asks her to get her at 3:30 to accommodate HIS plans, she says no can do. Since it's a 3 hour drive to see my mom, I wanted to leave as early as possible so when DIL said she had to get back & gave me DGS at 2:30 (which was also half an hour earlier than she said at first), I left to see my mom without taking DH with me. (There was no way I was going to take DGS to MIL's with SD there... not from 2:30-4, so leaving without DH was my only option.) I enjoyed visiting my mom & sister with her kids. My kids went too.. my daughter drove her own car ahead of me. So, the day turned out fine... plus, when I got home DH had cleaned the house.

Comments (5)