SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Parenting Plan--need interpretations

lovehadley
13 years ago

Okay, so this year, DH gets SS "for a period of seven days at spring break, the exact seven days to be selected and written notice given to the other parent by February 1st."

We go to the Carribbean every spring break and my DD has two weeks off, while SS only has a week.

I usually go for about 10 days. This year DH is going, too, and we would ALL like to go for ten days.

My thought was that we should plan to go on DH's regular weekend and then tack the seven days of BREAK onto that.

So BM could not balk at ten days, right? She WILL but I don't think there is a darn thing she can do.

Here is what I mean, hope this makes sense: DH's regular weekend would be Fri-Mon. So we will LEAVE on Friday (SS will miss one day of school, not a big deal) and then the actual *spring break* will commence on Monday.

So DH will give BM written notice that says "I am taking my spring break time with SS from Monday to Sunday." (seven days)

So Fri, Sat & Sun of our trip will NOT be included because that's DH's regular time, anyway.

BM cannot argue that, right?

Does this make ANY sense?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida