SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

have not posted in a while

helpwiththis
14 years ago

I kind of disappeared from here because so much has been going on at home. Me and dh may be splitting up. I am heartbroken and worn down. I am sick of being a doormat. Sd has become rude to me and dd. Dh gives me no support in it. He let's sd do whatever she wants and gives anyone who tries to stand in her way heck. Instead of realizing she is in need of some discipline he tries to nit pick my dd to death. She is not perfect. But if he's going to ignore similar and worse behaviors from his dd I fight him on correcting mine. Our girls are about a year apart and he tries to use the excuse that my dd is older than sd so she should know better! Its just a mess and I think I am ready to give up the fight.

Bm has been out of the picture for a while now. So I am picking up all the slack but constantly being reminded I am not sd's bm. If bm calls she is automatically the best mom ever and I am right back to being nothing. Sd walks around talking about how bm promised her this and is taking her to do that. When none of it happens sd accuses me of missing or ignoring her moms calls. Which I don't! The lady makes promises and disappears and then claims to have tried calling and leaving voicemails. Dh has even questioned me! I just can not handle it anymore.

I told dh that after the holidays we were going to have a serious talk and if issues could not be worked out me and dd were leaving. I already went to the bank and opened myself neew accounts and set up my work direct deposit to my new ones. I took half our money and transferred it to my new account and told dh. He was upset but I told him I need to protect me and dd. If we leave I have a close single friend in the same school district who said me and dd rent from her. She has the extra room in her home. And I told dh about this so he knows I am serious.

I just hate that it has all come to this. But I just don't have any fight left in me. Dh cried when I told him all this and told me we could work on this. He was a little tougher on sd the past few weeks and he has calmed down on his nit picking dd. But I need to see more long term change before I buy into it. Its easy to do something for a few weeks. And even if he changes sd is still hurtful towards me and I just don't think that is going to change. She lashes out at me for her mothers failures. While I understand why she does it I just don't think I can take it anymore.

Comments (6)