SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Lies, lies, and more lies....when will it end?

mom2emall
14 years ago

So BM has finally talked to the kids on the phone!! SD sent another text last week (the 4th in a month) and this time BM finally responded. She called the kids and gave them some sob story about how she had no choice in moving....the military made them move. And she has had no phone to use in 11 months.

Older sd was quick and kind of cold to bm on the phone. Middle sd was over the moon to be talking to bm again. SS asked her whose belly he was in when he was a baby! Then he told her that she is his second mom (she must have said that he was in hers and she is his mom).

After hanging up middle sd was fuming and saying her mom must think she is an idiot because she lied to her. I asked her why she just did not tell her mom she felt lied to and she said because if she is mean then her mom will not call or ever see them. Her mom told her that the reason she had not called is because sd sent her mean text messages last month and had never told BM she forgave her....so she did not think the kids wanted to hear from her!

Well besides the fact that is such a bogus guilt trip that would only explain 1 month out of 11!!! And as for the military thing her bf is in the RESERVES. The only moves they have made are from where we live, to her bf's home state, to her home state, to here, and then back to her bf's home state. I know quite a few people in the reserves and they have never been forced to move. The only moving involved is if they got deployed!

Plus I find it funny because there are only reserve bases near any of the places they lived. No regular bases.

So I called bm later when the kids were not around and told her that I was trying to stay out of things and I am not judging her, but......

-her kids do not understand why she upped and left without so much as a goodbye

-her kids do not understand why she would go almost a year without calling

-me and dh can not explain it to them because we don't understand it and as a mother I can not excuse it in any way!!

-I told her that she is losing her possibilities for a relationship with her children by putting so much distance and time between them......I told her someday in the not so distant future they will end up writing her off if she does not get more involved in their lives

-I told her that the kids know this is the age of technology and after getting off the phone they said she was lying to them about no way to call them prior to now

She continued making excuses and saying she had no choice in the move and that she is working on coming back here. Well if the military "MADE" them move how exactly is she working on coming back here???

I wish this lady would take responsibility for her actions. Instead she makes really poor excuses and everyone can see through her lies. Both sd's were hurting after speaking to bm. SS could have really cared less about talking to her. It was like when we have him say hello to distant family on the phone who live out of state and he says hi, answers a few questions, and then can't wait to hand the phone off!

Comments (2)